Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
To all Frictional Games people. Just....thank you.
StIwY Offline

Threads: 1
To all Frictional Games people. Just....thank you.

Hi, sorry for my english. I'm StIwY, an italian gamer. I just want to let you know how i appreciated your game Soma. I just finished this game 10 minutes ago, and was simply amazing. The story was absolutely creepy, gloomy and fascinating and astonishing at same time.....a really masterpiece. The environment...the story....also the soundtracks, almost all in the right place.

Nowdays this is a neglected aspect in many AAA games.

But you, as a small-medium studio, made this masterpiece......seriously. That was not a game...but more likely an experience to live in first person.

Let all developers and people read this please, i would appreciate this so much. I hope you will develop more and more masterpieces like this.

Keep Up the Good work. Greetings from Italy.
(This post was last modified: 11-24-2015, 10:39 PM by StIwY.)
11-24-2015, 05:05 PM
Find
SlackerinDeNile Offline

Threads: 7
RE: To all Frictional Games people. Just....thank you.

I agree, SOMA has been one of the most triple-A video games i've ever played.
11-25-2015, 12:57 AM
Find
Cespenar Offline

Threads: 0

The game was simply outstanding. The feelings it gives you are unmatched by anything else. I felt depression, sadness, I lost hope to get it back again in a few hours, simply brilliant. I can't sing enough praise for you guys it was astonishing what you've done here.

Thank You

P.S.
SPOILER YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.
The feeling I had as a Simon-robot-thing(I didn't consider Simon human at this point) as he struggled to save the remains of humanity walking alone on the base of the ocean, with ARK in his arms (one broken) was just so amazingly thrillingly beautiful. The last not crazy robot trying to save what was left of the race that created it, I can't even describe it, simply breathtaking. Thank You.
11-29-2015, 11:09 PM
Find
ToomuchFluffy Offline

Threads: 2

I had a few issues with the game, such as how the Curie was designed and also the predictable behaviour patterns of some of the monsters (especially the Proxies) or the only superficial discussion of most of the philosophical questions, but I think it says a lot that I enjoyed the game very much in spite of all that.

Especially the ocean floor exploration was just ... magnificient to say the least. The environments felt utterly unique and extremely well executed. I especially liked how sparingly animals were used and how different the later stages down at Tau felt and played. All of the ocean-bits of the game felt just as impressively atmospheric as my best moments in Far Cry 2 and Shadow of Chernobyl.

Much love Heart
12-06-2015, 05:04 PM
Find
StIwY Offline

Threads: 1

Glad to hear that, guys Smile.

Games like that are such rare nowdays....sadly.
01-11-2016, 12:35 PM
Find
Cranky Old Man Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 20

I haven't played all of the game yet, but I want to say that SOMA was even beyond what I used to expect from System Shock 3. This was a game that humbled me. This takes all the good stuff from all the previous games, and adds so much intelligent thought into it, that this game should be reading material in school courses.
Thank you so much. I'm almost sorry that I waited to buy this game on the christmas sale, because you deserve my money.

Noob scripting tutorial: From Noob to Pro

(This post was last modified: 01-11-2016, 03:18 PM by Cranky Old Man.)
01-11-2016, 03:16 PM
Find
Norina Offline

Threads: 0
Heart  RE: To all Frictional Games people. Just....thank you.

I created this account wanting to show appreciation for the game, but you've expressed my exact sentiments, OP. I've played A LOT of horror games in my life, but I'm sure nothing is ever going to come close to SOMA, as it will forever hold a dear place in my heart.

Congratulations on a job well done Frictional! You've earned yourselves a new hardcore fan Smile
02-17-2016, 07:18 AM
Find