Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Worst games EVER
TheLittleGarfield Offline

Threads: 2
Worst games EVER

Just post the name of the worst game you've played.
Mine is - the new Wolfenstein. I don't even know why Big Grin: It was just boring as hell to me.

Meh...
03-11-2010, 08:52 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40
RE: Worst games EVER

I've played too many games to have a worst, but here are some really awful ones:

BioShock
SiN Episodes: Emergence
Call of Duty: World at War
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
F.E.A.R. (and the expansions from the fact that all I've seen of them is extremely identical to it)
World of Goo (frustrating physics)
Far Cry 2
Grand Theft Auto IV's singleplayer component
Dead Space
Star Trek: Elite Force II
Condemned
Fallout 3
Oblivion
The Void
Mass Effect

Holy cow, that's a lot more than I had expected to write, but yeah those all suck.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
03-11-2010, 09:22 PM
Website Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

Controversy is the shiet, Lee! ;D

Mine must be two-worlds, wow that game really do suck.

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
03-11-2010, 10:17 PM
Find
graykin Offline

Threads: 12

There are just too many bad games out there for me to single out as being the worst. Here's a small list of games that just plain suck:

Indiana Jones and the Staff of Kings:
What a truly slipshod game. The combat was meh, the gameplay/puzzles were meh, and the plot was just vague (and terrible). I was hoping for something more along the lines of "The Emperor's Tomb," which was a well-made game in my opinion.

Rainbow Six 3 (and beyond):
One thing I liked about the original Rainbow 6 was the level of "realism" it had (though it's pretty terrible by today's standards)--the amount of shots people could take, having clearly-defined objectives that revolved not necessarily around killing people, but saving lives. Rainbow 6: Rogue Spear took this kind of gameplay to a new high-point--being able to coordinate teams, with realistic hit-detection, and required lots of strategy to get through.
Come Rainbow Six 3, and we now have a game that took all of the elements I loved with the original two, and threw it out--no strategy, no coordination, just "go where we tell you and follow the arrows to your objective". Rainbow Six 3 is a substandard shooter, that insults my intelligence.

The Suffering:
Speaking of games that insult my intelligence, The Suffering is the most pathetic excuse for a horror game I've ever played. The game tries too hard to scare you, with disturbing pictures that appear randomly on-screen, and the over-repetitive use of monsters and ammunition make this no more than a crappy third-person shooter. The monster design is just weird--and not necessarily in a good way--and doesn't inspire any fear at all...I get more of a "and just what was that concept artist smoking before he designed that thing?" kind of reaction.
Plus the plot was terrible. I think it was TRYING to educate us on the problems and violence associated with the American prison system, but the only thing I learned was from the gameplay--"If you've got a problem, SHOOT SOME MORE!!!!!" Kind of contradictory I think...

I'm sure there are a lot more, but that's all I can think of at the moment.

03-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Find
WindexGlow Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 70

Penumbra.

Hands down.

Please -REP me.
Honestly, please do. I want to see how low I can go!!
Ignore that error message too. Just ignore it and keep going to give me -rep.
03-11-2010, 11:41 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

i agree on far cry 2 its horrible i mean objectives are half way across the map and the multiplayer is boring as hell i mean seriously the only good part is the map ed otherwise its completely crap.
and dont get me started on empire earth III its horrible too it basicly takes all of the levels of civilization and morphs them down to 4 basic ones whereas in EE2 it had 30 levels where you start as cavemen then evolve. seriously dont waste ur time with empire earth III get II

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
03-12-2010, 03:29 AM
Find

Far Cry 2 is horrible, but I love driving around and exploring the map ^_^

Meh...
03-12-2010, 01:55 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

(03-12-2010, 01:55 PM)TheLittleGarfield Wrote: Far Cry 2 is horrible, but I love driving around and exploring the map ^_^
true but i still think i made my point on the objectives and multiplayer and something a forgot was the randomness of enemies and just the horrible gameplay and no relation to Far Cry 1 should be called like

World Crisis or sumthin like that

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
03-12-2010, 09:43 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

The fact that Far Cry is the best FPS ever made Native American men cry about their land being polluted when FC2 came out.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
03-12-2010, 10:28 PM
Website Find

I've read about a game called Tunnel Rats on steam, it only got 30/100 on metascore rating. I was like - Holy crap, this game sucks! >:O Then I saw that Uwe Boll made that game.... He once again made a big crap on game history. First the crappy movies, now the crappiest game! >:|

Meh...
03-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Find