Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Future 360 controller support...
cdoublejj Offline

Threads: 2
Future 360 controller support...

would be nice. Though i'm better at mouse and keyboard let me state why I think this would be useful. I say this because Google results for 360 controllers on PC usually bring up gay flame wars so here here is my explanation. After going to Wal-mart and buying a cheap (expletive hereTongueSmile 32 inch 720P TV, I wanted to hook it to my computer in my room like I have done with a PC in my living room.

Woopdy doo right? That's nothing new people do it to watched downloaded movies all the time. Well I do it to play games too. Well guess what wireless mice suck unless you buy a nice one and not a piece of (expletive here) it stinks especially range and it's cumbersome, the same goes with the keyboard. Now now, I know I can get ones meant for just that I actually looked.

Well I just happened to be going through Wally World again to get an HDMI cable. (no VGA port) I saw some Xbox 360 controllers, what caught my eye was the freaking USB extension peaking out the side of the impossible to open box "OoOhHh" then, I saw a Vista compatible logo on the back. "Man I thought you had to buy separate adapters for that.....nice!" So I bought it.

My first problem being you can't run the games in the second monitor, I found out was no problem with the Windows+P key combo and a quick click of projector only "Sweet not only can I play games on the TV but, I can keep them in the native resolution of my main monitor"

"Swweeeeeeettt" I found out a good few of my games support the 360 controller Natively like BioShock 1 and Assain's Creed just to name a few. I knew other games would require special programs like these threads witch I might just try out.

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...778&page=1

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=2224

http://frictionalgames.com/forum/showthr...p?tid=1764

So what of it? Well for the most part I can kick back and play with a controller kind of like in my good 'ol days with my Sega CDX and N64 as well as share the fun with others, all with out juggling a cumbersome key board and mouse on your lap. One nice sleek little controller instead of a bulky keyboard in your lap to play on your TV, that's not so much to ask for is it?

Just thought I'd pitch in my 2 cents. I know there is work and coding involved to make it happen and there are deadlines. Would be cool to not have to set the extra software up to emulate keys for each game.
For those that have used games pad to play the Penumbra games how is it?

Natively? Spelling?

EDIT: side questions, When will Amnesia be available on Steam? Do you get royalties from Steam because that's where I bought my Penumbra games?
03-14-2010, 08:04 AM
Find
TheLittleGarfield Offline

RE: Future 360 controller support...

(03-14-2010, 08:04 AM)cdoublejj Wrote: EDIT: side questions, When will Amnesia be available on Steam? Do you get royalties from Steam because that's where I bought my Penumbra games?

You can preorder from the frictional games store and then on release you will be able to get activation for Steam on request. Happy? ;P

Meh...
03-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Find
cdoublejj Offline

yes happy. I prefer the no cd. I have so many games i no cd patch one i have the disk for too but, steam fixes that.
03-15-2010, 07:11 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Buy yourself program called Xpadder and you can set ANYTHING to work with your Xbox 360 controller + other controllers as well.

03-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Website Find
cdoublejj Offline

yeah i saw that, i might give it a try
03-17-2010, 12:11 AM
Find
Adventurer4Life Offline

Threads: 11

Grab an application called Xpadder... it costs about 10 bucks. You can use it to map the mouse or any keyboard key or combination of keys to any button or D-Pad or Joystick movement on your gamepad. If you already have a 360 gamepad, just use that and get a wireless adapter for it so you can sit on your couch.

Many cross platform PC games also have native 360 gamepad support built in now as well... so a 360 compatible gamepad it is prob the best choice. To get a 360 pad working in windows is just a quick install of drivers from Microsoft...

Xpadder.com
M$ 360 Gamepad Drivers for Windows

(03-14-2010, 08:04 AM)cdoublejj Wrote: After going to Wal-mart and buying a cheap (expletive hereTongueSmile 32 inch 720P TV, I wanted to hook it to my computer in my room like I have done with a PC in my living room.
I have a PC in my lounge room connected to my Big HD tv as well, and have played Penumbra perfectly on it using Xpadder. This game with full surround sound speakers + a big HD screen... scary stuff!!!

Happy Adventuring
-- A4L
My Review Chan - http://www.youtube.com/adventurereviews
04-15-2010, 06:09 AM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

The thing is that I have never seen smooth leaning controls in a game that uses a pad.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
04-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Website Find