Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "What are you listening now?" thread
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 85
RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread

(12-21-2012, 03:02 AM)andyrockin123 Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 02:43 AM)Danny Boy Wrote: [music and shit idk]

Danny Boy counter strikes whit "Fuck you I do what I want"

Spoiler below!

[Image: css-go.jpg]

It thought it was a valid expression to be used such as "Counter attacks". Oh well... Guess I can't say "I walked over a puddle" or use "Half life" to describe the radioactive decay...
12-21-2012, 01:26 PM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(12-21-2012, 06:49 AM)Kman Wrote:

I'm starting to notice how terrifying some of the music i listen to is.

*Blood starts flowing out of my ears*
(This post was last modified: 12-21-2012, 03:23 PM by Danny Boy.)
12-21-2012, 03:23 PM
Website Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

Fightstar.... Seriously the drums in this fucking own.

[Image: luv.gif]
12-21-2012, 10:26 PM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

(12-21-2012, 03:23 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: *Blood starts flowing out of my ears*

Heh, yeah Pg. 99 can be a little bit grating if you're not really into them, since, well, the whole point of their music is that it's supposed to sound like insanity. With that said though, it's insanity refined down and used to fuel the pure emotion that their music possesses, which is a lot of the appeal to me at least. There are very few artists that are really able to capture raw emotion in their work, and on that album alone they're able to express fear, anger, hopelessness a whole bunch o' other bad emotions just through music, and I think that alone is noteworthy. That actually isn't even one of their better songs, I mainly linked it because it's definitely more of their more intense songs and I like to scare the shit out of people with music Big Grin

Posting Freak
12-22-2012, 01:36 AM
Website Find
Danny Boy Offline
Posting Freak

(12-22-2012, 01:36 AM)Kman Wrote:
(12-21-2012, 03:23 PM)Danny Boy Wrote: *Blood starts flowing out of my ears*

Heh, yeah Pg. 99 can be a little bit grating if you're not really into them, since, well, the whole point of their music is that it's supposed to sound like insanity. With that said though, it's insanity refined down and used to fuel the pure emotion that their music possesses, which is a lot of the appeal to me at least. There are very few artists that are really able to capture raw emotion in their work, and on that album alone they're able to express fear, anger, hopelessness a whole bunch o' other bad emotions just through music, and I think that alone is noteworthy. That actually isn't even one of their better songs, I mainly linked it because it's definitely more of their more intense songs and I like to scare the shit out of people with music Big Grin

Don't get me wrong. I kinda did like the build up. Seemed like a horror movie soundtrack for a minute... But then the screaming came... Holy shit! I'm absolutely cool whit people who like to listen to this kind of music (except if they turn the damn headphones to the max so the whole block can hear it. Witch in my live time I quickly realized thats what people tend to do.) But I just don't understand wheres the appeal of having someone scream at your hears for three whole minutes! I can't even understand what the hell they are even saying! all I hear is unimaginably painful noise!(guess they covered the insanity part) But thats just me! I personally like music that sounds like music rather than music that seems to have been recorded on a over populated psychiatric ward where someone accidentally forgot his electric guitar after visiting his schizophrenic grandfather or something.
(This post was last modified: 12-22-2012, 02:04 AM by Danny Boy.)
12-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

Yeah like I said you have to be reeeally into that kind of stuff or it'll most likely sound like shit, luckily for me I quite enjoy it. As for the screaming, it fits with the kind of music they're playing, if they just had normal singing that you'd see in any other rock band, that would kind of ruin the sound they're trying to achieve. As for the appeal to it, as I said before a lot of the appeal to it is just through the raw emotional power that it carries which other genres of music very rarely even come close to reaching. It's definitely not for everyone though.

Posting Freak
12-22-2012, 02:24 AM
Website Find
Froge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 176

[Image: p229xcq]
12-24-2012, 06:21 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

I have no idea how the hell to describe this but I quite like it.

Posting Freak
12-24-2012, 11:14 AM
Website Find
The chaser Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 76

I had this the 21th december \m/

THE OTHERWORLD (WIP)
[Image: k6vbdhu]

Aculy iz dolan.
12-24-2012, 12:41 PM