Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "What are you listening now?" thread
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75
RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread

[Image: BandofHorsesEverythingalltheTime.jpg]

"The Funeral" by Band of Horses.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
04-26-2013, 11:16 AM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 16

Okay, so today I tried something new: Listening to what somebody else posted. This was something I'm apparently the last one to hear, but holy shit it's amazing. The Hands That Thieve, why didn't you guys tell me it was so amazing? Trying to cut me loose, bitches? Need I cut you? NEED I?!

Let me ask: have any of you people listened to the Emerson, Lake and Palmer thing I posted? It's likely most of you have already heard it elsewhere, but to those who haven't. . . Fucking listen to it.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM by failedALIAS.)
04-26-2013, 04:09 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25

(04-26-2013, 04:09 PM)failedALIAS Wrote: Okay, so today I tried something new: Listening to what somebody else posted. This was something I'm apparently the last one to hear, but holy shit it's amazing. The Hands That Thieve, why didn't you guys tell me it was so amazing? Trying to cut me loose, bitches? Need I cut you? NEED I?!

Let me ask: have any of you people listened to the Emerson, Lake and Palmer thing I posted? It's likely most of you have already heard it elsewhere, but to those who haven't. . . Fucking listen to it.

I didn't even notice it, unfortunately this thread gets so many replies it's easy for stray posts to effectively disappear. I believe I have however posted the piece it's based on (Ginastera piano concerto no.1 mvt 4). Quite awesome indeed, although some aspects of the ELP version I don't like that much. In general I prefer the original orchestral version.
04-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(04-26-2013, 04:17 PM)Bridge Wrote: I didn't even notice it, unfortunately this thread gets so many replies it's easy for stray posts to effectively disappear. I believe I have however posted the piece it's based on (Ginastera piano concerto no.1 mvt 4). Quite awesome indeed, although some aspects of the ELP version I don't like that much. In general I prefer the original orchestral version.

I love to listen to different takes on music, which is probably why the different sound appealed to me as much as it did. Makes sense that it's based on a classical piece. I'll have to listen to that now.

Okay, I listened to it. Oddly, I'm reminded of the Firebird.
(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM by failedALIAS.)
04-26-2013, 05:33 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

(04-26-2013, 05:33 PM)failedALIAS Wrote:
(04-26-2013, 04:17 PM)Bridge Wrote: I didn't even notice it, unfortunately this thread gets so many replies it's easy for stray posts to effectively disappear. I believe I have however posted the piece it's based on (Ginastera piano concerto no.1 mvt 4). Quite awesome indeed, although some aspects of the ELP version I don't like that much. In general I prefer the original orchestral version.

I love to listen to different takes on music, which is probably why the different sound appealed to me as much as it did. Makes sense that it's based on a classical piece. I'll have to listen to that now.

Okay, I listened to it. Oddly, I'm reminded of the Firebird.

A lot of ELP is based on classical music, like Hoedown, the entire Pictures at an Exhibition album, The Barbarian and there are Bach quotes all over the place, most notably in The Only Way. They are really well converted into a rock idiom IMO, all of them.
04-26-2013, 06:02 PM
Find
Sarcophagus Offline

Threads: 8

SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK SUCK YOU FUCKING BITCHH!

MOTHERFUCKERS

Species come and go, but the Earth stands forever fast.
04-26-2013, 06:59 PM
Website Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

alias streetlight have been linked in here more than like any other band and you're only hearing about them now omg come on

Posting Freak
04-26-2013, 07:47 PM
Website Find
failedALIAS Offline
Posting Freak

(04-26-2013, 07:47 PM)Kman Wrote: alias streetlight have been linked in here more than like any other band and you're only hearing about them now omg come on

NEED I?!

Fine, bitch. Have you heard this?

(This post was last modified: 04-26-2013, 07:59 PM by failedALIAS.)
04-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Its on par with Breaking Bad (the amount of times its they've been brought up)

Kman, do you like Sublime?

[Image: luv.gif]
04-26-2013, 09:42 PM
Find
MyRedNeptune Offline

Threads: 3

This thread needs its bassoon levels replenished.

Fasch's music is like a nice lazy stroll in the park. Tongue

^(;,;)^
04-26-2013, 10:00 PM
Find