Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

The "What are you listening now?" thread
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 25
RE: The "What are you listening now?" -thread

All of you guys need to listen to this. It's one of the most amazing things I've ever heard in my life.
06-29-2013, 07:24 PM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

(06-29-2013, 09:35 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Why does Punk/Rock/Metal genre is hated by most community in Society today?

For one, Punk started off as a movement back around the 70's. It was a lower class rebellion against conforming to society. Now the newer generations don't know that because they're never taught anything about it, they have to research it up themselves. So to them it just sounds like ugly noises coming from angry people.

Rock has it lighter than Punk and Metal. A lot can pass for Rock. From the beginning with Chuck Berry though, Rock n Roll was always frowned upon. The media was scaring the parents of the late 60's and early 70's, the new music scenes were a big influence on the image of the teenager back than, as much as now you could say.

A Clockwork Orange is a great non-Rock n Roll related film about how teenagers were made to look dangerous. Look up the history of Mods vs Rockers too. It happened, but the media exaggerated it a lot at the time.

Metal.... As with anything, its just not everyone's taste. Face it, a lot of people don't like the sound of a guitar as I don't like Pop music. Pop music is popular among the masses and will always remain to be. Metal is not radio friendly half the time and therefor it won't get mainstream recognition from say the UK Top 40 (Don't know how things are abroad)

[Image: luv.gif]
06-29-2013, 08:03 PM
Find
Bridge Offline
Posting Freak

The ironic part is that the majority of metal is just as commercial and insipid as pop.
06-29-2013, 08:12 PM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 75

(06-29-2013, 08:03 PM)Wooderson Wrote:
(06-29-2013, 09:35 AM)JustAnotherPlayer Wrote: Why does Punk/Rock/Metal genre is hated by most community in Society today?

For one, Punk started off as a movement back around the 70's. It was a lower class rebellion against conforming to society. Now the newer generations don't know that because they're never taught anything about it, they have to research it up themselves. So to them it just sounds like ugly noises coming from angry people.

Rock has it lighter than Punk and Metal. A lot can pass for Rock. From the beginning with Chuck Berry though, Rock n Roll was always frowned upon. The media was scaring the parents of the late 60's and early 70's, the new music scenes were a big influence on the image of the teenager back than, as much as now you could say.

A Clockwork Orange is a great non-Rock n Roll related film about how teenagers were made to look dangerous. Look up the history of Mods vs Rockers too. It happened, but the media exaggerated it a lot at the time.

Metal.... As with anything, its just not everyone's taste. Face it, a lot of people don't like the sound of a guitar as I don't like Pop music. Pop music is popular among the masses and will always remain to be. Metal is not radio friendly half the time and therefor it won't get mainstream recognition from say the UK Top 40 (Don't know how things are abroad)

Yeah, but didn't Punk actually emerged from the UK? I thought that Sex Pistols spread it in the UK and The Ramones in the US.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
"I came, I saw, I conquered."
06-30-2013, 02:59 AM
Find
Wooderson Offline
Posting Freak

Well... I think it was the US at first. I think Ramones came slightly before the Sex Pistols, and I think the New York Dolls might have been before them too.

[Image: luv.gif]
06-30-2013, 03:11 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

(06-30-2013, 03:11 AM)Wooderson Wrote: Well... I think it was the US at first. I think Ramones came slightly before the Sex Pistols, and I think the New York Dolls might have been before them too.

Oh yeah, it's the Ramones first.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
06-30-2013, 03:13 AM
Find
JawlessWarrior Offline

Threads: 2

In Flames. All the time. Every time. 24/7. Anything they made before 2000 is probably some of the most melodic, complex but also radio-friendly death metal you'll ever find :p Dark Tranquility is pretty fine too, except they put out like three good albums, two bad ones, three good ones, and so on. We Are The Void was just Fiction B-Sides imo. Construct is eh.

\m/

"Splinters of a life rushing by in the whirl - a lone, silent warrior in a fantasy world." - In Flames
(This post was last modified: 06-30-2013, 03:55 AM by JawlessWarrior.)
06-30-2013, 03:50 AM
Find
Kman Offline
Posting Freak

punk started with the stooges ya goofs

Posting Freak
06-30-2013, 04:37 AM
Website Find
Macgyverthehero Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 23

An epic theme from an epic game; this is a must hear song.

[Image: Keo88b.gif]
06-30-2013, 04:58 AM
Find
PutraenusAlivius Offline
Posting Freak

"Four Score and Seven" by Titus Andronicus.

"Veni, vidi, vici."
06-30-2013, 05:22 AM
Find