Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Requiem Urgent Help! [FIXXED] :D
Renegader Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Penumbra: Requiem Urgent Help! [FIXXED] :D

Hello all, first time posting Big Grin love your games.

I bought all the Penumbra games on Steam a while ago. I completed the first two games with no problems at all, but on requiem I am facing a lot of graphic error. At the very start of the game, I am facing huge FPS lag, the screen is flashing white/black and some times I get a glance at my desktop it is really unplayable.

Here is what i tried to do so far:
1- Re download the game from steam.
2- verify game cache.
3- Update my drivers.
4- Use older driver.
5- Drop all the graphics and screen resolution to low.

I have Windows 7 64bit ultimate,
GeForce GTX295 Driver version: 197.13,
CPU:Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q9650 @ 3.00GHz
Mother Board: EVGA 132-YW-E180-FTW Chipset :nvidia nForce 790i SLI SPP

Please if any one know what I can do help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want to play this game. Thanks for reading
04-28-2010, 10:38 PM
Find
naturon Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra: Requiem Urgent Help!

I don't know exactly what's wrong, but what I can say is that Requiem caused me some hitching problems while I was playing it, there are definitely some bugs in the game. By the way a beautiful GPU you have there. Maybe there are some incompatibility issues with Windows 7 though?
04-30-2010, 05:55 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Hard to say, if the other two games are working fine then there is no reason why Requiem should not. Did you copy the settings file from black plague or anything like that that might have messed things up?

You could try and delete the settings.cfg file in My Documents/Penumbra/Requiem/ to see if running with the default settings help. Or perhaps turning some settings on/off in the nvidia control panel, there might be some issue with fancy new settings for such a modern video card.
05-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Website Find
Renegader Offline

I did try and delete those it did not help. I might add that at the start of the game when the scene of you waking up is working fine, i know its short but you can see its fine, its only when you start playing the games goes very low fps and screen blinking /white black
05-06-2010, 11:41 PM
Find
rono Offline

Threads: 0

Hiya...

I got almost identical hardware and GeForce GTX295 too. I had the same problem as you. Thankfully my friend pointed out that i could try disabling the SLI. For some reason Requiem doesn't work with SLI, so after disabling it from the Nvidia control panel, game started working with me hardware.

Just go to Nvidia control panel
-> set sli and physx configuration
-> select sli configuration
-> do not use sli

You could probably set individual options for the requirem.exe on 3d-settings menu, and disable the sli there. That's what I'm trying to do next. Smile
05-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Find
Renegader Offline

woo woo woo that worked, thank you very much now i can finally finish the series :d b4 amnesia gets released
05-13-2010, 03:21 AM
Find
rono Offline

Threads: 0

(05-13-2010, 03:21 AM)Renegader Wrote: woo woo woo that worked, thank you very much now i can finally finish the series :d b4 amnesia gets released

You're welcome. Did preorder amnesia too. Hope it supports sli. Smile
05-14-2010, 02:16 PM
Find
Fortigurn Offline

Threads: 6
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Penumbra: Requiem Urgent Help! [FIXXED] :D

I have almost the same setup (Win7 64 bit Ultimate, GTX 295), and I had exactly the same problems. Thanks for the fix. Smile
11-19-2010, 05:59 AM
Find