Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Crackling Sound on Lucid - Humble pack
Buttink Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Crackling Sound on Lucid - Humble pack

Well, I'm on ubuntu 10.04 32bit and I cant seem to get any of the fixes to work for my sound. Iv tried just renaming the entire lib folder to lib-backup and running with full system libs but then it seg faults (GG c++). I tried to set the audio to non-ALSA, but ever time i reenter the game its set back to ALSA >.>

I'm pretty sure I had to fix this exact same problem with Battle for Wesnoth. I think it was installing the libSDL-1.2.debian-PulseAudio did the trick. I don't know why thats impotent just throwing it out there. Oh while I'm at it, Aquaria did the exact same thing until I set the video resolution to 1920x1200 dont ask me why that fixed it.

EDIT: I hate forums. You spend like 2 hours finding a fix you cant. So, then you post and you suddenly find and answer >.> then you look stupid lol XP at least i can play now
05-10-2010, 04:23 AM
Find
Urkle Offline
FG - Associate

Threads: 31
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crackling Sound on Lucid - Humble pack

we are not using audo though SDL so the SDL pulseaudio fix wouldn't help here.. We are just using OpenAL for all audio output.. So make sure you have the OpenAL-Soft version of OpenAL installed (the latest has native support for Pulse).

Also read through the support page here.. http://support.frictionalgames.com/entry/64/

Oh, and if you did get it working, please post what you did to get it working.

Developing away on one of
Multiple Macs running 10.6, 10.7, 10.8, and 10.9.
Linux, 8-core AMD, 8GB RAM, Fedora 18, nVidia 450 1GB
05-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Website Find
aka Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Crackling Sound on Lucid - Humble pack

I had this crackling sound here too, but I set the sound driver to OSS in the game. And after restarting it, works OK.

I think PulseAudio is the faulty in the background, systemwide.
PulseAudio would be a nice thing, but #&ß!+?=*/@-:÷.$¤×</rage>
05-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Website Find