Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)
Angel Song Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)

Issue 2

From steam

first .exe didn't work.

Second .exe Fixed it.
Thanks
07-17-2010, 01:47 AM
Find
Gixbit Offline

Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Random Crash Problem: Fixed Exe Available (Feedback wanted)

(05-10-2010, 06:43 PM)Thomas Wrote: I am trying to work out what makes the game randomly crash and since I cannot replicate it on my computer I need your help!

The bug(s?) that I am investigating is the one that has been reported in these threads:
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3305.html
http://frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3272.html

There are two ways in which the bug happens:
1) A random crash that happens every couple of minutes in the game.
2) A crash that happens when opening a door leading a new level by using a crowbar in the incinerator level.
Both bugs are fixed by applying an 1.03 (that Jens has been supplying).

Please do not respond this thread on less you have one of these problems!

Please download the following zip file and unzip it in the redist directory of Penumbra Overture (where Penumbra.exe is at), replacing the Penumbra.exe.
Before doing so, make a backup copy of the normal Penumbra.exe!
http://www.unbirthgame.com/Penumbra.zip

Please reply and tell me how it works!

If the above exe does not work, try this one, but please try to other first.

I feel I should also quote my experience. I have the steam version of penumbra: overture. I was stuck 2). 1st exe didn't work. 2nd exe has worked successfully. Surprisingly short game I must say.
07-17-2010, 06:54 PM
Find
Herroth Offline

Threads: 1

Hey, I've got a topic up but have received no help so far.

This does not work either, I keep getting a blank screen.
08-26-2010, 12:49 AM
Find
KavazovAngel Offline

Threads: 13

(08-26-2010, 12:49 AM)Herroth Wrote: Hey, I've got a topic up but have received no help so far.

This does not work either, I keep getting a blank screen.

Try updating your drivers.
08-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Find
toescs Offline

Steam Version
Issue 2)

First exe didn't work.

Second one did.

Winxp32
09-14-2010, 02:22 AM
Find
Cenobite Offline

I had problem 1 on a copy downloaded from the Frictional Games store circa the Humble Indy Bundle. 32 bit WinXP with a Sapphire brand Radeon HD 4770. The first .exe seems to have solved my problems. Thanks!
09-17-2010, 07:11 PM
Find
Smacker626 Offline

I was having the time related crash every couple of minutes ("... in module penumbra.exe") and sometimes a crash when closing the chest in the boat you start in ("... in module <UNKNOWN>"), the 1st fixed exe resolved both of these crashes and I haven't had any other issues so far, I'm at the point where I just got a message on the radio.

Bought and downloaded the Penumbra Collection (Windows) from the Frictional Games store during the Humble Indie Bundle discount.

System I'm playing on:
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ ~2.0GHz
Memory: 2 GiB (2 x 1 GiB), Corsair XMS2 DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit
Video Card: EVGA GeForce 9800 GTX (G92), 512 MiB VRAM
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 Value (64 channel) (running with Software Audio though)
Operating System: Windows XP Professional w/SP3 (fully updated)
09-29-2010, 06:18 AM
Website Find
Eren Offline

Im also having this problem in the beginning of the game it crashess during loading screens ( just staying in the loading screen without loading) or i get the excepion access violation in module at penumbra.exe 001B.004A 2044 - 2023.
So I also did the replacing of the penumbra.exe file with the 1mb Zipfile and the access violation error stops only the game freezes in loading screen at the office, before it didn't.

What can be done now ?

I have also done the libvorbi. bll file its not the problem

UPDATE: OK ik just got one of those patchess working seems im on my way thanks
10-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Find
alethemagicbum Offline

Threads: 1

You guys are lucky, my game won't even start :'(.
http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-5161.html
10-23-2010, 06:02 PM
Find
Jirim Offline

In which folder is the .exe? I do not find the file =(

Okay I've done what is in the contribution. But the game always crashed ...
My card has the latest drivers..

In the demo the game don't crashed ..... but the collection crashed. (only Overture)

please help!
(This post was last modified: 11-05-2010, 04:57 PM by Jirim.)
11-05-2010, 03:59 PM
Find