Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Did you feel sorry for Red in the end?
EnjoyCoke Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Did you feel sorry for Red in the end?

Will there be some release to wtf is going on, what the Tuurngait is, etc etc etc, at some point?

'cause honestly I got the feeling that Red was a little more than just insane!

... And yes, it felt wrong to kill him. He was my only friend in Greenland Sad
06-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Find
spukrian Offline

Threads: 19

I felt very sad and horrified when I killed him.
06-21-2010, 11:13 PM
Find
devmarc Offline

Threads: 1

I felt sorry that he had to end his life like he did but i also understood that he couldn't have gone back to normal life with the things he had seen and done. Just like some that have life sentences in jail at a young age and are released when they are old. Some cant handle the difference, the change in the world and where they fit in so end their life or try and go back in. Its sad yup
06-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Find
wrath Offline

(05-17-2010, 07:26 PM)Sebatiger Wrote:
(05-17-2010, 06:41 PM)Penumbraftw Wrote: Hey guys! As you could probally work out from the thread Subject. Did any of you feel sorry for Red? Tbh I laughed (not really) when i burnt him.

I felt like a murderer.
I killed a man.
I KILLED A MAN!

I had to take a breather. I understood perfectly what I was doing, what had to be done, and why. I understood that he was in a great deal of pain, but I killed a man, a companion and guide. A friend. Besides that the only real voice of hope you have going for you in the game.

Spoiler below!
Yeah, it was hard to kill Red. RIP.

Side note: does anyone else think that spoiler tags feel kind of unnecessary in this blatantly spoileriffic thread? Hell, I feel as if even the title should be hidden.
06-25-2010, 06:23 PM
Find
eliasfrost Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34

I thought: "Stop screaming and give me the f***ing key." o___O

[Image: indiedb_88x31.png]
06-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Find
wrath Offline

(06-27-2010, 04:52 PM)nackidno Wrote: I thought: "Stop screaming and give me the f***ing key." o___O

"Stop screaming Objective and give me the f***ing key." fixed, or were you just made that he forced you into that situation?
06-27-2010, 08:35 PM
Find
Peanuckle Offline

Threads: 4

I thought "Dude, this Red guy is awesome. He's my bro, and when I find him we're gonna partner up and get outta here, and have a beer once we're out."

Then I find him, and I'm all "dammit Red. We could have made it out together ;_;"

Guy was a simple worker who got caught up in so much more.
06-29-2010, 02:26 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

After realizing he was only just a victim of something he never even brought upon himself, I felt mortified about the situation that Red was in. If only he could have realized we could leave together...
06-29-2010, 07:10 AM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2

I didn't really feel sorry for him in the strictest sense; I was more terrified of what he asked me to do, and then subsequently horrified when I actually did it.

I could never really pin down my feelings for Red as positive or negative throughout the game; sometimes, I found him fun to talk to and a real relief, while other times he was really frightening to listen to. Right up until the end I wasn't sure of where he stood, or what he would do when we finally met. When I stepped into the blood red incinerator room, I expected the worst from him- but instead found only a man begging for mercy in a rare moment of near-clarity.

R.I.P. Red.
07-01-2010, 06:58 AM
Find
Vincent Offline

Threads: 7

Hmm yeah, I felt quite bad, the first time I played it, and entered the room, I was like.... Eh.. what's going on....

But yeah, I felt kind-of bad, but not shocked.

I mean when I played Penumbra, I almost immediatly knew you wouldn't get direct contact with any human beings!

But it has an amazing atmosphere! I can't seem to stop playing it over, and over, and over!
I still get scared everytime, can't wait for the new game, great job Frictional Games!
07-04-2010, 12:13 AM
Find