Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Future official DLC for SOMA?
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Future official DLC for SOMA?

There's a lot that can still be done with this game, and from what I've seen of the code it wouldn't be prohibitively difficult to produce a good quality DLC in even a year (and that's just coming from a humble code tinkerer, so imagine what their actual paid programmers can do). Hell, there's even a number of unused assets that suggests the existence of an unknown section of Pathos II. And like RMJ said, while making a DLC will involve a number of new assets, it would be nothing compared to the assets required of a fresh new IP, not to mention there are a massive number of existing assets that can easily be reused.

My biggest concern for why they wouldn't want to continue with the world of SOMA is that I believe I read somewhere that their main story writer wasn't a huge fan of it, so convincing him to sign onto a DLC or finding someone else to take up the reigns would be a bit of an endeavor in itself.
01-01-2016, 12:53 PM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Threads: 7

I would love to play as another character in a site shelter wich tries to escape the place.
Problem though is: Pathos is very special... all the monsters and the WAU are unique. There is no other place with that. And i hardly believe this happens again somewhere.

Tentacle raping guy is coming for ya Q.Q Watcha gonna do?
01-01-2016, 03:04 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I just have a gut feeling there won't be anything else for this game. The guys at Frictional aren't decided, which doesn't exactly feel me with confidence.

I'm cool either way, but dlc would be awesome.
01-05-2016, 01:02 PM
Find
Filizitas Offline

Twitter is quiet, thy are definitly up to something.

01-05-2016, 02:47 PM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

Aye, I agree with you on that one. The team have been very silent for the last couple of months now.

Probably weighing up their options.

If they took five years to make SOMA, I wonder how long dlc would take to create? I suppose much easier, as there would already be ideas in place, and all the frame work is there.

I wonder what pricing would be as well. I guess that's something they would have to figure out too.
01-05-2016, 04:41 PM
Find
Filizitas Offline

You know that we are deciding this right now? XD Since they definitly read this. And i say a dlc prize is up to its size. I await a dlc up to 10 bucks at least. Wich would be hell a lot content.

01-05-2016, 05:26 PM
Find