Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Request Anyone interested in a collab
Toggle Offline

Threads: 5
Anyone interested in a collab

Not sure how else to say, I'm wondering if there's anyone who would like to work together on a CS project that hasn't yet gotten off the ground. I'm looking for some help with maps and scripting, open to ideas and the like. It'd be great to have someone to work with.
(This post was last modified: 02-07-2016, 04:39 AM by Toggle.)
01-29-2016, 04:42 PM
Find
Spelos Away
Banned

Threads: 19
RE: In need of a voice actor

I would advice you to wait with voice-acting till the very last moment of development.

You see, the voice actors are quite unstable (especially free ones) and while he/she can give you two or three lines one day, they might not reply to you from that point, making you more trouble then you had before.

You could make the voice files yourself, just for testing and pacing. When you're done, you'll know the full list of lines needed for the voice actors to record. You then need to replace the old files with the new ones and you're done.

You learn quite a lot with each project you make, and trust me that this took me a while to realize.

(also, I feel like writing some kind of pop song, starting with You every time... =D )
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016, 07:31 PM by Spelos.)
01-29-2016, 06:37 PM
Find
DanielRand47 Away

Threads: 16
RE: In need of a voice actor, possibly a scripter

I agree with Spelos. A few years ago I had two voice actors, but they were not always reliable. Good talent though. Come up with the voice scripts first and then do the voices. I wish you the best.
01-30-2016, 12:47 AM
Find
Romulator Offline
Not Tech Support ;-)

Threads: 63
RE: In need of a voice actor, possibly a scripter

Voice acting comes last, or if not last, then second last, before polishing and optimization.

When you're ready for VA, you have the story and plot set in stone. You might want to change a thing or two, but the more you change, the less morale your actors and/or actresses will have for you. If you're going to use someone's voice, while they will try to put effort into their work, they won't want to work if most of the voicework was for nothing.

Discord: Romulator#0001
[Image: 3f6f01a904.png]
(This post was last modified: 01-30-2016, 03:42 AM by Romulator.)
01-30-2016, 03:41 AM
Find