Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using custom sanity effects?
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Threads: 105
Using custom sanity effects?

To be precisely, how do I use custom sanity effects?! So basically put "pictures" on the players HUD, or "face" whatever you want to call it lol.
for some Specific "players" I want a diffirent "hud" is this possible?!
Like if I start a map with someone else it already says a message " (NAME)'s perspective "
Will it be possible for me to create a pic, and activate it through script?!
and is there a chance of having a "health bar" on it?! that'd be awesome but I kinda thign it won't be possible since the sanity effect is just a pic...

And I actually have a question, like want your opinions.
so my lanters is going to be a robot's hand with a mini flashlight attached in the middle of the hand, would it be good if the robot needs to eat "something" (Oil as normal) to fill up the battery of the flash light, or should I do it so it is overheating?!
Liek after using a little bit too much some smokes start to get out of it and it will electrocute for several seconds???
I mean with that I can also attach lights on his arm to show if it is ready to use or not, so green if you can use it and red if overheated..
01-29-2016, 07:33 PM
Find
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Using custom sanity effects?

you can do that, even the health bar given you are willing to put the time into it.
EDIT: actually the health bar might not be possible without extended functionality, since that requires being able to call specific sanity effects.

I did a simplified inventory system using sanity effects in the past, though that was on the experimental build which had extended functionality, and I got no idea if the vanilla game has that today.

If it does not, then you will have to use a more complex workaround, since the sanity effects are apparantly random or something, so you will need to call it a bunch of times or something like that to make it much more probable to occue. At least that's how I understood it, but I never used that method myself so dont take my word for it.

https://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-22215.html
(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016, 07:48 PM by WALP.)
01-29-2016, 07:47 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

thanks, but the tutorial didn't work..
but let's leave that aside right now, Everytime if I open my game, it stars with 3 pictures, those caves geting bigger each time you click on "next" how can I input a text there?!
Normally there were some things like "welcome to amnesia blabla" but in my mod it isn;t...
so does anyone know what file I need to dive in to "adjust" these things??!
and for the sanity thing, what "I actually meant I wanted is having a picture "on the face" not the little bugs etc around it, but just a Picture ;P
01-29-2016, 08:44 PM
Find
Radical Batz Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 145

(01-29-2016, 08:44 PM)Amnesiaplayer Wrote: thanks, but the tutorial didn't work..
but let's leave that aside right now, Everytime if I open my game, it stars with 3 pictures, those caves geting bigger each time you click on "next" how can I input a text there?!
Normally there were some things like "welcome to amnesia blabla" but in my mod it isn;t...
so does anyone know what file I need to dive in to "adjust" these things??!
and for the sanity thing, what "I actually meant I wanted is having a picture "on the face" not the little bugs etc around it, but just a Picture ;P

You can change what it says, if I remember correctly, go into your mod config and you should have a pre_menu.cfg file. Yeah that is it, just checked.
You can change it there. goodluck
Off topic- Also you haven't come on skype for a while, why not just ask me when you have a problem?

(This post was last modified: 01-29-2016, 08:56 PM by Radical Batz.)
01-29-2016, 08:53 PM
Find
Amnesiaplayer Offline

Thanks! gonna try it, and I didn't came to skype since not much friends of mine are on skype, but didn't you stop working on a amnesia mod?!
Last thing you said is that you couldn't answer my questions since you forgot about most of those...
01-30-2016, 04:56 PM
Find