Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glitches?
WALP Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 34
RE: Glitches?

(02-07-2016, 07:49 PM)Hypercube Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 06:08 PM)WALP Wrote: If the other doors were copypasted from the other one the names would be similar, so maybe this is it.
When you say that, do you mean similar as in the connection could mistake say "Door_1" for "Door_2"? Because if that's what you meant then I don't understand why the engine was made that way.

I mean that if you connect a button with Door_* then it WILL connect both with Door_1 and Door_2, and even Door_Banana and Door_Hallelujah, as long as Door is in front.

The reason frictional use * in the maingame is because there is a button on both sides of a door. If you only connect the buttons to the doors then the door will open, but the button on the other side will still be in the closed state, and will need to be clicked twice to work. The fix frictional came up with was named Doors and their panels similarly and connecting both to the button using asterisks.

In short you can say that you dont just need to open the door, but also open the button.
02-07-2016, 11:31 PM
Find
Hypercube Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Glitches?

(02-07-2016, 11:31 PM)WALP Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 07:49 PM)Hypercube Wrote:
(02-07-2016, 06:08 PM)WALP Wrote: If the other doors were copypasted from the other one the names would be similar, so maybe this is it.
When you say that, do you mean similar as in the connection could mistake say "Door_1" for "Door_2"? Because if that's what you meant then I don't understand why the engine was made that way.

I mean that if you connect a button with Door_* then it WILL connect both with Door_1 and Door_2, and even Door_Banana and Door_Hallelujah, as long as Door is in front.

The reason frictional use * in the maingame is because there is a button on both sides of a door. If you only connect the buttons to the doors then the door will open, but the button on the other side will still be in the closed state, and will need to be clicked twice to work. The fix frictional came up with was named Doors and their panels similarly and connecting both to the button using asterisks.

In short you can say that you dont just need to open the door, but also open the button.
Thanks so much for explaining that, I was confused because I thought the asterisks were for one specific entity, but the numbers after the names don't seperate them, it just identifies them so like you said it would affect the other ones too. But anyway, that helped a lot, now I can work on getting to finishing my map.
02-08-2016, 02:42 AM
Find