Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

How do you guys handle it?
guitarxe Offline

Threads: 2
How do you guys handle it?

With scary games like this, I find that I can't play for more than 20-minute intervals (need to relieve the tension, you know?). But I know there are people that just sit down and play and play and play. So how do you guys manage to do that? What makes you keep going?
09-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Find
Sajber Offline

Threads: 6
RE: How do you guys handle it?

Pure will.

The Unofficial Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Frictional Games IRC Channel.
#amnesiareleaseparty @ irc.gamesurge.net
09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Find
caseystryker Offline

I'm kind of like you. I just downloaded the game and got the lantern and I found myself having to take a little break. It's not even dark yet. LOL
09-08-2010, 11:55 PM
Find
bblaze Offline

Threads: 5

I don't, man. Actually, I'm contemplating playing windowed with a Miley Cyrus playlist or something. In broad daylight.

20 minute intervals are about as much as I can manage.
09-08-2010, 11:56 PM
Find
guitarxe Offline

Would be nice if the game had places where you can relieve the tension. Like, I remember in Penumbra (too scary, couldn't even finish it) there was on the first level this room with a very soothing music in it, and there was a broken roof and the light was spilling down. Very beautiful there. Very good to just stand there and take deep breaths before going out further.

In Amnesia, there's this place where there's piano music being played, but it's meant to scare you cause nobody is supposed to be there, but I was thinking wouldn't be awesome if, together will all these scary rooms and corridors there were also rooms where you can relieve the tension? Listen to piano music?
09-09-2010, 12:15 AM
Find
MooCowGal Offline

actually the hall with the shell fountain is relaxing and I think is intended to be that way, at least at first... :3 muhahahahaha
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Find
RoadCrewWorker Offline

Threads: 0

I eat 'scary horror' videogames for breakfast and have played almost everything that prides itself as horror out there, so i've become a jaded cynical player who predicts 95% of the 'jump scares' before they happen.

Amnesia is the first game in my life that i had to take a break after a few hours because i experienced actual intense involuntary adrenaline shocks, and the game has disturbed me more severely than anything i've ever played. It's exactly the kind of intense experience and thrill i've been looking for, and i was already convinced i had seen it all and nothing could bother me. I'm amazed to be proven wrong!
09-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Find
Hoplist22 Offline

Threads: 0

I cant play this game for more than an hour with out taking a break. and when i get to a really scary part i have to stop.
09-09-2010, 02:58 AM
Find
MassacrMan Offline

Threads: 3

I have played this game 2 hours at a time pretty well, except I just finished the storage room part. Jesus christ, I wanted to cry after I got out of that room.
09-09-2010, 04:00 AM
Find
xureus Offline

Threads: 1

Games or movies don't really frighten me, that's how. I deeply enjoy the atmosphere of such fiction though.
Only real life situations can scare me, like when I'm walking all alone outside at night.
I'd like to be frightened by fiction, but I'm just not. I'm too reality based I guess.

PS: You could say I'm afraid to virtually die in a horror game, but I'm not afraid of the happenings themselves.
09-09-2010, 04:03 AM
Find