Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Most disturbing areas/moments
Sajber Offline

Threads: 6
RE: Most disturbing areas/moments

Spoiler below!

The torture rooms, and the flashback scene where Daniel paints on a mans chest and the cuts him open.

The Unofficial Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Frictional Games IRC Channel.
#amnesiareleaseparty @ irc.gamesurge.net
09-09-2010, 12:46 PM
Find
Voker57 Offline

Threads: 1

Spoiler below!
The Canister, the "strange sound" from vessel, which grows as you fill it. It's quite subtle at first, so I was no sure where it is coming from, so I wandered around, in fear that some monster jumps from the vessel, or from water. And the sound is very strange indeed, like if somebody was drowning while laughing.
09-09-2010, 10:40 PM
Find
sacroid Offline

Threads: 11

For me the scariest moments (at the moment) were in
Spoiler below!
Mogre, when you insert the vaccine, and then suddenly someone hits the door hard. That REALLY made me jump...
Spoiler below!
In prison, god, the only place at the moment with a lot of encounters! In the kitchen, just by entering some cells, by trying to open a locked door... Really, I was all the time seriously alert and with the lantern always off so like that they couldn't see me :S
Spoiler below!
Wine Cellar, the ambientation of that place is so spookie, that I needed to stop playing for awhile :S The sounds you hear from the ceiling, the first enemy encounter, wich really put me very nervous.

I just need to add that playing this game is the most horrifying expirience I have ever had, and I still didn't finished yet, I guess I'm near the end because of the flashbacks and notes Tongue

Thank you so Much FG!!!

09-09-2010, 11:10 PM
Find
tonewww Offline

Threads: 50

Spoiler below!
Honestly the prison freaked me out i was hopeing to see the teaser part but it wasnt there i had to hide behind the piggies in the kitchen 2 times cause apparently the monster thought that he should eat. also if u look at the brutes face it might look a bit familliar...2006 anyone?

*Wishes Penumbra Tech Demo section would return*
09-10-2010, 03:14 AM
Find
wally Offline

Threads: 2

Really? No one has mentioned this yet?
Spoiler below!
The Iron Maiden. She's just so unnerving to look at, I was creeped out before and after the scripted event.
09-10-2010, 09:10 AM
Find
Dark Knight Offline

Threads: 5

(09-09-2010, 11:10 PM)sacroid Wrote: For me the scariest moments (at the moment) were in
Spoiler below!
Mogre, when you insert the vaccine, and then suddenly someone hits the door hard. That REALLY made me jump...

YES man, this is SCARIEST MOMENT!

also i love moment:

Spoiler below!
in storage rooms, where are 2 rod . damn 2 zombies!
09-10-2010, 09:33 AM
Find
sacroid Offline

(09-10-2010, 09:33 AM)Dark Knight Wrote:
(09-09-2010, 11:10 PM)sacroid Wrote: For me the scariest moments (at the moment) were in
Spoiler below!

YES man, this is SCARIEST MOMENT!

also i love moment:

Spoiler below!
in storage rooms, where are 2 rod . damn 2 zombies!

Yeah that brute is awesome, but when I first encountered with him in Morgue, I haven't seen him, what I mean is, he started breaking the door, so I went to hide in a room, he entered in the other room, broke the door to the room of the pile of corpses but he didn't went to my room. Kinda funny, I thought it was a normal enemy but it's voice was different, so yeah, it was kinda of a mistery for me lol

09-10-2010, 11:31 AM
Find
brrrrainz Offline

as many other people here i think the whole prison area is just a masterpiece. the tension in there is palpable, not only because of the usual scary sounds and voices and the creepy darkness. it's mostly the background story of what happened in this place thats absolutely terrifying. very immersive and bone-chilling, amazing writing as well.

and my personal freak out moment:

Spoiler below!
the iron maiden =) all the time I creeped in crouch mode through the great hall, leaning around corners to avoid the monster. when I finally felt safe enough and let my guard down.. almost swallowed my tongue.

as for the girl in the storage area:

Spoiler below!
I think it's the one that somehow got free and tried to escape the prison. daniel had to chase her down and probably killed her in the process. in one of the loading screens he seemed for the first time to question his actions, seeing that this girl was in alle respects innocent and he the true monster.

(09-09-2010, 05:01 AM)Elisius Von Pryde Wrote: I'm another guy who thinks the Storage area was horrifying on levels I'd never before experienced. I do think this is the scariest horror experience yet.
After I grabbed the rods and heard the growl I hid. After about two minutes with my eyes closed listening hard for footsteps I braved my way out of the room and down the hall. I got to the top of the stairs when I saw it. All I saw was one foot peek its way into the doorway and I ran. I could hear it behind me. I don't even know if it was following me or just my imagination, but by god I wasn't leaving that to chance. I hid behind the same box again. And after awhile, yet again, braved my way out. But this time I was more careful. And this time I noticed the monster had a pattern. I waited for the right time and snuck my way down the stairs and ducked for cover. I waited for it to be further away and ran my ass out of there to the entry room of the storage area. I spun around quickly to make sure I wasn't being followed. As I turned back. I saw an all too familiar white silhouette against the darkness. For a second I thought, I hoped, that it wasn't what it was. But as a growl slipped out into the dim and my night vision returned I knew I was to abandon all hope. I ran as fast as I could past it. Its claws sunk into my flesh hard but I had to keep going. I popped some painkillers, er, laudanum to steady my stride and continued. I ran quickly but I knew it was behind me. I glimpsed the end and thought ever so slightly that it would be easier to just give up then. Let it take me. I didn't let myself get myself killed, however. And as I reached the hallway it slashed me again and I was forced to take my last laudanum. I was stumbling now, and seeing red. I was sure I would die but I had to try to go further; instinct had gripped me, it was not about life, 'life' was an abstract concept and did not matter. It was about assuaging my own fear, soothing the blistering wound of terror in my mind. I reached the base of the stairs and heard the creature lunge. I knew I would die but somehow it missed, perhaps the stairs put me just above its reach. I managed to get to the door. I heard it growl in preparation for attack once again. I only barely made it through. My heart pounding, my sight red.
I could not go on. I had to take a short break. To share my story with you.

this was a very good read indeed.
09-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Find
sacroid Offline

Wait a moment,...
Spoiler below!
The Iron Maiden? I have never seen a "Zombie girl" in the whole game! >__<, how the hell I missed that? Where is exactly that Iron Maiden in the Prison? :O

09-10-2010, 09:59 PM
Find
brrrrainz Offline

(09-10-2010, 09:59 PM)sacroid Wrote: Wait a moment,...
Spoiler below!
The Iron Maiden? I have never seen a "Zombie girl" in the whole game! >__<, how the hell I missed that? Where is exactly that Iron Maiden in the Prison? :O

Spoiler below!
it's in this big choir room, in one of the torture rooms where the orb pieces can be found. just approach that thing.

although it might not have the same effect on you cuz you'll be expecting something to happen now =)
09-10-2010, 10:25 PM
Find