Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Horrible Steam grid icon
Thanatos84 Offline

Threads: 1
Horrible Steam grid icon

What happened to the beutiful icon from the steam demo? I have all my steam games showing in grid mode, you know: a beutiful picture for every game. Looked great for the demo. When installing the retail game, however, I got no beutiful picture at all. Just a black area, with a barely visible icon in the middle. I have tried to reinstall, without sucess. Why? Is this happening for anyone else? Is there anything you can do?
09-09-2010, 05:40 PM
Find
Dyni Crippler Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Horrible Steam grid icon

They still have to put the real image. For now, you just have the icon.
09-09-2010, 06:18 PM
Find
RoadCrewWorker Offline

Threads: 0

Did you use the steam code to activate and download it from steam or did you just link your website-download install in steam as n external shortcut?

I did the former and the grid icon is awesome high quality even on the largest zoom.
09-09-2010, 09:15 PM
Find
mtomato Offline

Threads: 0

I used a steam code to activate it and do not have the big high quality grid icon.

Edit: And Technical Support could have been a bit more fitting place to post about this.
09-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Find
Thanatos84 Offline

Thanks for the replies! Good to hear I'm not the only one. And now that some people clearly get the correct icon, I can agree this is better fitted for tech support. I'll post a new thread there later today.
09-11-2010, 11:36 AM
Find
Thanatos84 Offline

My computer crashed yesterday, and I have just made a complete reinstall of windows and everything. Strange enough, this seems to have solved the grid problem. Now the beutiful, big icon shows just as it should. So if you´re really desperate, it might work for you too?
09-18-2010, 04:56 PM
Find