Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Penumbra: Overture website & publisher announced
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199
Exclamation  Penumbra: Overture website & publisher announced

Today we launch the new Penumbra: Overture web-site. It's a small but informative site that will keep you up-to-date with the latest information, media and happenings regarding Penumbra: Overture.

We are also happy to announce that we have found and agreed with a publisher to release Penumbra: Overture in stores world wide. Publishing and distribution will be handled by Lexicon Entertainment, a rocket in the publishing market and with a good track record for independent titles. We are extremely happy and excited by this partnership.

Penumbra: Overture will be released as 3 episodes, the first scheduled for a Q1 2007 release and will retail around €19.99(≈$25). The game will also be available for digital distribution, details on availability and price is yet to be determined.

We also have three new screens from Penumbra: Overture, larger versions are available at the official Penumbra: Overture site.

[attachment=126] [attachment=127] [attachment=128]
(This post was last modified: 06-14-2007, 02:22 PM by jens.)
10-06-2006, 02:34 PM
Website Find
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Penumbra: Overture website & publisher announced

nice, very nice...
And if that demo the same thing as the tech demo? (The old one) Or is it a newer one? (I doubt it's newer, you guys prob would have said something, but might as well ask>_>)

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-06-2006, 03:11 PM
Website Find
Unregistered

Whats that red glowing in screenshot 2?
BTW I would like to see a real creepy monster screenie in Penumbra tough or atleast some scary screenie or yet there aren't any?
As for that wolf,Having a wolf coming out without you expect it to come is a good idea.

P.S:I like those screenshots,Keep'em coming.
10-06-2006, 03:14 PM
gamgam2 Offline

also, one last thing, I'm not entirly sure on this question
What rating do you expect this game to get?
I would expect a M rating, but there might not be enough blood and gore for it to be M, I doubt the'll be nudity in it(Unless the bodies are naked after they've died)

Sorry for all the editing, my mind isn't working very well right now...But the red light might be some type of long-lasting light, or it might be a photo-making room(Don't they use red-light?)
It might be from a tinted window with light inside, or it might be cristmas there and santa will arrive soon and help you out

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-06-2006, 03:17 PM
Website Find
Unregistered

OK I remember that half the hallway from the tech-demo the screen flashes red for a few seconds and the red light is that.
10-06-2006, 03:31 PM
gamgam2 Offline

But one thing I just realized in it, the light is really really bright, alot brighter than I would expect it to, Unless this game has like the charecter's pupils enlarge/dis-enlarge depending on the amout of light(That would both rock and suck at the same time)
and if you look in the picture, where the source of the light is coming from, is the end of the tunnel, but below that in the same room there's also another pool of light, maybe it's snow reflecting sunlight or something
Who knows, maybe it's something we coudn't even guess atO_o

9:37 AM Nebraksa time: All people who have posted in this thread are online.  Let's celebrate by the devolpers giving more pictures

and damn, keep forgetting to add this>_<
Jens, you got my private message, right?(I think I sent it to you)
But everyone here, we should all start greeting the people who join the forum, it would feel nice to join this place and have like 10 people greet you within the first day: )
and btw, 10 guests right now>_> Starting to get alittle more public

10-06-2006, 03:36 PM
Website Find
Dark Offline

Threads: 20

nice nice
a little to expensive for episodic gameplay for my taste but still: nice nice :d

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
10-06-2006, 04:16 PM
Find
gamgam2 Offline

I'm not sure what "episodic" means, so I'll believe it's the episodes I guess

and $25 for a game is cheap, even cheaper than most expansion packs on big-name games>_>

10-06-2006, 05:31 PM
Website Find
timonator Offline

Threads: 3

are we going to see a "linux client at launch" icon much like on the lower left side here?
http://savage2.s2games.com/
10-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Find
Terzom Offline

Threads: 1

jens Wrote:Penumbra: Overture will be released as 3 episodes, the first scheduled for a Q1 2007 release and will retail around €19.99(≈$25). The game will also be available for digital distribution, details on availability and price is yet to be determined.
Because you all in Sweden and probably working with the 'projekt'/game also in Sweden, dose it going to sell in Sweden also? I live in Sweden and I would like to buy the game when it coms out! Smile
Or are you not sure wear you going to sell it?
"..details on availability and price is yet to be determined."
10-07-2006, 01:53 PM
Website Find