Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
zxc Offline

Threads: 0
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

Wow, Pressure sounded so good. I read the first paragraph and knew it was my dream game. Then I read the second paragraph and I knew it wasn't a real game, because it was simply too good to be true. If Pressure was done right, it would be truly be the next giant step in computer games. It would make a killing in sales, and everyone would stop what they're doing and play it immediately.

I'd like to see Amnesia 2 Smile without voice-overs. Most of the ideas in this thread I liked a lot. Except the first few sci-fi ones. I think FG would make almost any setting work, and would be guaranteed to put a lot of thought into it.
10-16-2010, 06:24 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Er .... I would like to see from Frictional some short sci-fi / horror stories like the X-Files and Psi-Factor series of the 90`s.
The player steps in the role of some sort of investigator from an Agency that investigates the supernatural/timetravel/ghoststories/abduction , etc...
Gameplay of each episode should be around 3 , 4 hours max imo.
possible titel of the first game:

The Diaries of Paranormal Investigator Daniel Jr. :” (personal) Case 1 :Sins of MY father ” ...

?
10-16-2010, 06:54 PM
Website Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2

I'd actually like the next game to focus on puzzles and characters instead of mood and hiding. I loved Amnesia, but I'm ready for opening tins to find a lightbulb needed to get the coin to find the key in the soda can. You get me?
10-16-2010, 08:30 PM
Find
Lenny Offline

I was thinking about how a remake of the very old puzzle/adventure Shadowgate would be totally awesome with this game engine.

If there wasn't for the fact that some unique creatures would have to be created it would probably make for a realistc custom story project.

One can dream Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cj2FFeCcEc
10-17-2010, 08:43 AM
Find
Torque Offline

(09-19-2010, 07:41 PM)Super Bosco Wrote: I'd really like to see them do a psychological horror game where the main character is slowly going insane; distorting the line between reality and fiction

Sounds like Silent Hill 2)
Yeah I'd like FG made such a game too. Or maybe non horror game? Maybe sci-fi using HPL engine. Smile
10-17-2010, 10:05 AM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

Threads: 4

I don't think shooters at all. I think that like in Amnesia they could very rarely give you a gun, It'd be very intense to come across a monster and then be running for your life with only 6 shots in a revolver. So that just occasionally you have the choice to fight back, I think having the choice in their next game would be interesting but by no means should they make a 'shooter' even other means of fighting back but make it just as easy if not easier to not fight back. I really like their puzzles maybe some harder ones that you need to work out for yourself.
(09-10-2010, 02:49 AM)perpetualmind Wrote: id really like to see them do something in a sci-fi setting.
Just imagine penumbra/amnesia style puzzles in zero gravity.

plus they could make up loads of futuristic technology to make some REALLY cool puzzle elements!

A sci fi setting could be cool but I think that it'd have to be done in a specific way, like not a shiny space ship or city but rather still the atmospheric environments we get now. Also it'd be very easy to go overboard with futuristic technology, that sort of thing should be kept relatively simple. And I'm not really sure the zero gravity thing would work.

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
(This post was last modified: 10-17-2010, 10:12 AM by BulletInTheHart.)
10-17-2010, 10:10 AM
Find
Petike Offline

Threads: 35

(10-14-2010, 03:51 PM)Black Rabbit Wrote: But man... there've been so many games about WW and even penumbra mentioned WW (I think)

Your ignorance shows. Dodgy

Many games abour WWI ? There have been nearly no adventure or FPS games set in World War One. In fact, nearly no games of any genre set in that period at all (except for a few flight sims and strategy games)...

Do you even know the difference between WWI and WWII and that they aren't the same thing ?! Angry Hmm, if you're American, you are forgiven. I noticed that WWI isn't as popular in the US as the Second World War, for various reasons...

(10-13-2010, 11:39 PM)bufalo1973 Wrote: Maybe you'd like In the mouth of madness. IIRC it's close to what you want about "alien monsters invade Earth" except those monsters are from hell and not from outer space.
--------
About a new game: what about a game where there are no "usual monsters" (zombies, vampires, creepy things, ...) but just humans... the worst monsters on Earth Wink Maybe you are a jew in nazi Germany, or a black running out of civil war Loussiana, or an heretic running from the inquisition. Something like that, were you are just a human trying to survive without knowing who is a friend and who is a monster. Something like the feeling you get at the end of 1984. Or maybe you are a urban wo/man that gets lost in a strange island (no black smoke, thank you and some canivals want you to be their dinner.

Or even another step more: why do you have to be human? Why not be an animal running away from human hunters or an alien (think more of ET and not in THE alien or the predator) hiding from human military? Or maybe you are not even organic but a robot set to be destroyed if found.

Aye, that's another good idea. I tend to prefer realistic human-induced horror a bit more than the more usual supernatural or sci-fi one. A non-supernatural, fully psychological horror is hard to make though...

At the beginning of my OP in this thread, I mentioned a normal stealth game set in WWI (both at the frontline and in more detective-friendly urban enviroments) would be absolutely terrific if done well. In addition, you could add a few realistically horrific or noirish overtones to it, just for pure atmosphere and aesthetics. The objectives and possible threats would be completely real though.

"You... silly Billy !" (Clarence, Penumbra : Black Plague)
10-17-2010, 02:15 PM
Find
Black Rabbit Offline

(10-17-2010, 02:15 PM)Petike Wrote:
(10-14-2010, 03:51 PM)Black Rabbit Wrote: But man... there've been so many games about WW and even penumbra mentioned WW (I think)

Your ignorance shows. Dodgy

Many games abour WWI ? There have been nearly no adventure or FPS games set in World War One. In fact, nearly no games of any genre set in that period at all (except for a few flight sims and strategy games)...

Do you even know the difference between WWI and WWII and that they aren't the same thing ?! Angry Hmm, if you're American, you are forgiven. I noticed that WWI isn't as popular in the US as the Second World War, for various reasons...

Sorry mate I am for greece Smile but I still think a war theme is quite old...unless you are talking about something supernatural and not the old mutation/alien theme most of such games had
10-17-2010, 07:12 PM
Find
Lyssa Offline

I'd like to see a sequel to amnesia, I think it could work really well. There are plenty of open plot ends to explore deeper, and the ending where Daniel is brought to another world by Agrippa allows a lot of creative freedom. The sequel can be set in any time or place, and have an entirely different theme.

As long as their next game keeps the awesome physics stuff, doesnt let me fight back, is terrifying and not another zombie game i'll be over the moon.
10-18-2010, 01:23 AM
Find
Rucser Offline

since i enjoyed playing this game so much, i'd really love to see an Amnesia expansion. i like many players got so immersed and finished it rather quickly, but am left wanting more of this extremely potent horror experience!

thanks Frictional for such an amazing game!
10-18-2010, 06:43 AM
Find