Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

What would you like to see from Frictional next?
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48
RE: What would you like to see from Frictional next?

An outdoor horror game!
(09-10-2010, 02:58 AM)Seiba Wrote: Pressure.
http://i33.tinypic.com/34y9uoo.jpg

Wow, i've just read the article on wikipedia of Pressure.
It's a really unique idea of a game, but they seem to have trouble finding the right engine!

(This post was last modified: 10-18-2010, 11:55 AM by Gunslingerjh.)
10-18-2010, 11:46 AM
Find
Urrah Offline

Threads: 4

There are so many options. I'd love them to do another survival horror game, but I wouldn't want Frictional to be tied down to a single genre. At the same time, they do survival horror so well (better than anyone imo) it would be a shame if they made a completely different type of game.

If they were to do another survival horror I'd really like it to be without any supernatural/paranormal themes. I know this may sound a bit weird to a lot of gamers, but I'm really tired of the whole zombie/vampire/psychopath thing, I'd like to see a more realistic game. imo Fricitonal games are scary enough without monsters.

That being said, I wouldn't mind seeing a sequal or expansion of Amnesia. As the ending was somewhat ambiguous, I'd really like Frictional to expand the story and give it a proper conclusion. I find Daniel to be an interesting character (a nice change from the typical heroic protagonist), and I'd enjoy to continue playing as him.

Alas, the agony of choice. Whatever Frictional do, at least the success of Amnesia means that it won't be rushed.
10-18-2010, 02:01 PM
Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

Horror game with bunnies jumping around in some grass while sun is shining.
...wait what?

10-18-2010, 02:13 PM
Website Find
Black Rabbit Offline

Threads: 0

(10-18-2010, 01:23 AM)Lyssa Wrote: I'd like to see a sequel to amnesia, I think it could work really well. There are plenty of open plot ends to explore deeper, and the ending where Daniel is brought to another world by Agrippa allows a lot of creative freedom. The sequel can be set in any time or place, and have an entirely different theme.

As long as their next game keeps the awesome physics stuff, doesnt let me fight back, is terrifying and not another zombie game i'll be over the moon.

how would that be possible though? assuming there are 3 endings you can't possibly have daniel around again because if someone didn't get one of the endings where he survives it would be a paradox...how about...a story of a different person with another orb? in one of the notes it talked about 9 kings and 9 orbs...or maybe someone in 2010 finds the orb in the ruins of Brennenburg and everything starts over again? I can't see any other option as to how a sequel to amnesia could be made sorry >.< maybe my imagination is poor
10-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3

(10-18-2010, 02:13 PM)Scraper Wrote: Horror game with bunnies jumping around in some grass while sun is shining.
...wait what?

Follow only if ye be men of valour, for the entrance to this cave is guarded by a creature so foul, so cruel that no man yet has fought with it and lived. Bones of full fifty men lie strewn about its lair. So, brave knights, if you do doubt your courage or your strength, come no further, for death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

(Look at the BONES!)
10-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Find
Lyssa Offline

(10-18-2010, 03:00 PM)Black Rabbit Wrote: how would that be possible though? assuming there are 3 endings you can't possibly have daniel around again because if someone didn't get one of the endings where he survives it would be a paradox...how about...a story of a different person with another orb? in one of the notes it talked about 9 kings and 9 orbs...or maybe someone in 2010 finds the orb in the ruins of Brennenburg and everything starts over again? I can't see any other option as to how a sequel to amnesia could be made sorry >.< maybe my imagination is poor

Its not so inconcievable that they did a sequel off of just one of the endings. That kind of stuff is pretty common in indie games, and even some big mainstream games have done it. Prince of Persia springs to mind, they did a sequel to one of the games but the sequel was for the hidden ending you could only view if you got 100% completion. No body cried in outrage or anything. I thought it was pretty awesome, really.

At least it gave players a reason to go back through the earlier game and get everything.
10-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

(09-14-2010, 01:01 AM)RyuRanX Wrote: [...]Also, the next Frictional Games title could have more outdoor areas[...]

Well, it is obvious now: http://frictionalgames.blogspot.com/2010...adows.html Tongue

Quote:This feature is global sunlight along with shadows, a feature not implemented previously.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
10-20-2010, 02:20 AM
Find
BeefJerky Offline

I would like to see more of the exact same thing, personally. I think what separates Frictional from terrible developers (which, IMO, is every other survival-horror developer) is their willingness to stick to a formula that emphasizes the helplessness of the character.

The minute Frictional posts a game ad boasting about their new firearms system and showing some monster's brains splattered against a wall is the minute I stop buying Frictional games. Don't branch out and stick to the formula. I bought Black Plague and Amnesia immediately after playing Overture, and I'll keep buying as long as I can look forward to more of the same.

If I were Frictional and were looking for something fresh and exciting to do from a developer standpoint, it would be more research into what actually scares people and implementing it. Although the scares are numerous and varied thus far, there is much more that can be done from an audio and visual standpoint (I plan on posting some of my ideas at a later time).

To sum: stick to your guns and keep delivering the scares, because, as I see it, the niche you want to aim for is the premiere developer of actually frightening games. I think with just a little more perseverance and continual leveraging of your relationship with Steam you could see some serious returns on your future investments.

Leave the tired, old guns-a-blazin' kiddie games to the big developers, please.
10-22-2010, 09:52 AM
Find
anzki Offline

Threads: 6

Anything Big Grin

[Image: 2qnr5av.png]
10-22-2010, 12:31 PM
Find
BulletInTheHart Offline

Threads: 4

(10-22-2010, 09:52 AM)BeefJerky Wrote: I would like to see more of the exact same thing, personally. I think what separates Frictional from terrible developers (which, IMO, is every other survival-horror developer) is their willingness to stick to a formula that emphasizes the helplessness of the character.

The minute Frictional posts a game ad boasting about their new firearms system and showing some monster's brains splattered against a wall is the minute I stop buying Frictional games. Don't branch out and stick to the formula. I bought Black Plague and Amnesia immediately after playing Overture, and I'll keep buying as long as I can look forward to more of the same.

If I were Frictional and were looking for something fresh and exciting to do from a developer standpoint, it would be more research into what actually scares people and implementing it. Although the scares are numerous and varied thus far, there is much more that can be done from an audio and visual standpoint (I plan on posting some of my ideas at a later time).

To sum: stick to your guns and keep delivering the scares, because, as I see it, the niche you want to aim for is the premiere developer of actually frightening games. I think with just a little more perseverance and continual leveraging of your relationship with Steam you could see some serious returns on your future investments.

Leave the tired, old guns-a-blazin' kiddie games to the big developers, please.

I agree. I think possibly throwing in a few different elements into games to experiment and see peoples reactions even in just like a tech demo. But by no means should they ever do a 'shooter' stick to scaring people in an immersive realistic environment.

"If you're mind makes up what you see then who's to say you're not just seeing what you want?"
10-22-2010, 04:58 PM
Find