Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 40 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Where are the tools!?!?
wales12 Offline

Threads: 0
RE: Where are the tools!?!?

The material and particle editors load up fine, i just cant seem to exit out of them. the level editor does not work for me. it gives me a crash message of a (Exception_Access_violation) in module. I did exactly as you said and put the appropriate files where they should go.
09-14-2010, 05:56 PM
Find
Javist Offline

Threads: 3

Quote:it is one of the buttons down to the left
Hmm...it's "Grid Controls->Height" ?

Also thanks for the reply Smile

unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep.
09-14-2010, 06:17 PM
Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

(09-14-2010, 05:56 PM)wales12 Wrote: The material and particle editors load up fine, i just cant seem to exit out of them. the level editor does not work for me. it gives me a crash message of a (Exception_Access_violation) in module. I did exactly as you said and put the appropriate files where they should go.

You cant exit the editors with the X button! :=) You have to close it about the tabs Wink

btw: Is it normal, that walls do flicker when you build on wall into another? Wink I saw that while rotating the view!
09-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

(09-14-2010, 06:17 PM)Javist Wrote:
Quote:it is one of the buttons down to the left
Hmm...it's "Grid Controls->Height" ?

Also thanks for the reply Smile

It the button with LT on it, it is actually almost in the middle now that I checked it Smile
09-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Website Find
wales12 Offline

well thats great, but how do i access the level editor??! its not working
09-14-2010, 06:26 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

Quick question, is there any way to have a free-flying form of the camera? I don't like how I'm stuck in one position, able to move, but always looking at the center of the map.
Oh and also, is there a way to rotate objects before they are placed into the map, and is there a hotkey to rotate objects (instead of using the button on the right pane)?

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
09-14-2010, 09:42 PM
Find
CoolKakashi Offline

Threads: 11

(09-14-2010, 09:42 PM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: Quick question, is there any way to have a free-flying form of the camera? I don't like how I'm stuck in one position, able to move, but always looking at the center of the map.
Oh and also, is there a way to rotate objects before they are placed into the map, and is there a hotkey to rotate objects (instead of using the button on the right pane)?

hold alt while you push left mouse mid mouse :=) you can fly with that in the window! :=)

and i want to know a hotkey for rotating objects too
09-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Find
Portwills Offline

(09-14-2010, 09:42 PM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: Quick question, is there any way to have a free-flying form of the camera? I don't like how I'm stuck in one position, able to move, but always looking at the center of the map.

You can hold left shift to move camera freely with the mouse. Making stuff is pretty user-friendly, what i'm having a bit more problems is the scripting part (I haven't installed the stuff for scripts yet though, but still I wonder how to make a precise script (like a window breaking and the wind blowing in a corridor, lightning out candles) from scratches.
09-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Find
theDARKW0LF Offline

Threads: 17

Thanks both you guys, that really helps a lot! Big Grin Yeah I'm also hoping to learn how to do simple scripts for the room I'm creating right now (like the timer things that the devs created on that timelapse map video). Does anyone know if you can rotate objects by holding down a hotkey?

Check out my custom stories(1)(2)!
09-14-2010, 10:14 PM
Find
Hofmannism Offline

Threads: 3

(09-14-2010, 10:14 PM)theDARKW0LF Wrote: Thanks both you guys, that really helps a lot! Big Grin Yeah I'm also hoping to learn how to do simple scripts for the room I'm creating right now (like the timer things that the devs created on that timelapse map video). Does anyone know if you can rotate objects by holding down a hotkey?

I believe you can press Q to rotate the item before setting it down.
09-14-2010, 10:18 PM
Find