Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Earthquakes and horror, hazardous to your health!
wrath Offline

Threads: 1
Earthquakes and horror, hazardous to your health!

Just something I thought you all might enjoy. I'll start with a little context, on Saturday the 4th of September at about 4:35am NZST a 7.1 hit Canterbury, and devastaded Christchurch. To keep things to the point, there have been very few casualties, a large number of aftershocks (occuring almost hourly), and no deaths that I've heard of.

After getting so far in the game, about 1.5hrs in
Spoiler below!
I had reached the end of the library thing where the lights go out and the walls start shaking (or was that just my own insanity?), and there's a lot loud growling, and your running to get back into the relative saftey of the main hall (I think you head to the Wine Cellar after that.
I had reached what I had felt was quite a tense moment in the game, and then -it- hit. I JUST ABOUT FRIGGIN' DIED! First there was a loud bang and the walls started shaking around me.

It was just an aftershock. Y'know when somebody taps you on the shoulder, maybe yells boo, when you least expect it in the middle of an engrossing horror film or something? Yeah, this was quite a bit more intense than that. I had to stop playing for fear that my heart might explode or something -_-.

Side note: Was I ever really in danger that early on? I mean there is plenty of danger to be sure, but Frictional seem like such masters of illusion that I'm never quite sure. Sometimes I don't know who is losing it more me, or Daniel? (btw love your work Frictional.) Maybe I should just test it on my second playthrough (the one with commentary on).

Thus concludes my story, part fan letter to Frictional. Keep up the good work. (I certainly hope you can.)
09-10-2010, 08:51 AM
Find
thiz Offline

Threads: 7
RE: Earthquakes and horror, hazardous to your health!

Spoiler below!
There is no way you could have died in there Wink
09-10-2010, 09:14 AM
Find
wrath Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Earthquakes and horror, hazardous to your health!

(09-10-2010, 09:14 AM)thiz Wrote:
Spoiler below!
There is no way you could have died in there Wink

Spoiler below!
I fucking acted like I was XD <3. If I find out you're lying... something something

Hell of a shock to the system.
09-10-2010, 09:18 AM
Find