Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full conversion mods won't work
Neqquify Offline

Threads: 2
Not Solved Full conversion mods won't work

When I try to start a full conversion mod from the BAT-file, it just opens the actual game instead. I did everything as I (think I) am supposed to, copied everything to the redist folder and then tried to launch the mod from the BAT-file. I didn't overwrite anything.

Upon launching it looks like it's actually gonna open the mod, there's those "mod name_config/main_init.cfg" texts in the little black box but then it just launches the actual game, not the mod.

I tried with multiple different mods, and none of them seem to work. Anyone have any idea what I might be doing wrong? I've managed to play one full conversion mod before so I don't understand why they aren't working now?[/i]
03-06-2016, 07:38 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Full conversion mods won't work

I was about to say the mod could be configured incorrectly, but I was thinking of it as you were making it yourself. No, it must be something else if popular mods that work for others won't work for you.

Can you check the Documents\Amnesia folder for any hpl.log files within a folder with the name of the mod you tried starting? If you find no such folder, it must mean that Amnesia indeed did not start with the config flag it should have.

One thing I could suggest is to try my modloader. I don't enjoy self-promotion like this, but perhaps that'll work for you.

03-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Find
Neqquify Offline

(03-06-2016, 08:56 PM)Mudbill Wrote: I was about to say the mod could be configured incorrectly, but I was thinking of it as you were making it yourself. No, it must be something else if popular mods that work for others won't work for you.

Can you check the Documents\Amnesia folder for any hpl.log files within a folder with the name of the mod you tried starting? If you find no such folder, it must mean that Amnesia indeed did not start with the config flag it should have.

One thing I could suggest is to try my modloader. I don't enjoy self-promotion like this, but perhaps that'll work for you.

I downloaded the modloader (handy idea, I will definitely start using this if I just get these damn mods to work!) but it, too, started the actual game instead of mods. So I checked the Documents folder and indeed, none of the mods I have there have the hpl.log file. I'm figuring this is the reason it won't start the mods, but is there a way to fix this?
03-07-2016, 02:43 PM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59

I imagine it must have something to do with your system not able to pass the argument to the .exe file. I haven't heard of such before though.

Do you have a Steam copy of Amnesia? There's one other method that can be tested on there, just to check. It would be to right click Amnesia in Steam > Properties > Set Launch Options > then type the same flag as in the .bat file, like "mod/config/main_init.cfg" (without quotes).

(This post was last modified: 03-07-2016, 10:13 PM by Mudbill.)
03-07-2016, 10:12 PM
Find
Neqquify Offline

No, I have the retail version. Guess I'll just have to stick with the custom stories, since they at least seem to work. :/
03-08-2016, 01:48 PM
Find