Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Hidden Meanings in Amnesia? (SPOILERS)
Elisius Von Pryde Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Hidden Meanings in Amnesia? (SPOILERS)

I think the shadow was a living sentient entity. So maybe it honestly believed Daniel redeemed his transgression in taking the orb.
09-12-2010, 01:28 AM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Threads: 2

(09-12-2010, 01:18 AM)Informative Wrote: [Image: iiam2.gif]
It's a mystery.

....... wat? :|

Kyorisu + Elsius: I feel like it has to be sentient as well, but I also think that it was for some reason predisposed to not killing Daniel. I mean, back in the day before he even reached Brennenburg, it was killing everyone around him but not Daniel himself.
09-12-2010, 01:59 AM
Find
Harry Offline

(09-11-2010, 08:27 PM)Commando Peach Wrote: Nicole - Yeah, I know all that. Actually, seeing this also threw me way off the trail with solving the clue, because I was trying to order them in the order of the gods and stuff without the lettter ebcause I thought it was a part of solving it. Oops.

Harry - Huzzah! So I'm not crazy! It makes me wonder if there are other bits scattered throughout the game to allude to the parallels I saw. I'm going to have to replay it later. Big Grin

Also, not a big deal, but you were wrong on one count. I'm a she. Blush

Apologies Blush
09-12-2010, 03:06 AM
Find
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3

God, i love post-modern gamesSmile
Great find. I felt the letters meant something. Numbers might mean something too. Odin 3,14? Pi?
09-12-2010, 12:27 PM
Website Find
nils Offline

Threads: 0

wow, that's really cool CP. those names (odin, tyr and loke) also popped up in my head when i saw the 3 codes. i would've never thought they actually had a background to it. if this is intentional from frictional games (the endings/codes), i do have to say...props to you frictional!
09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Find
Sajber Offline

Threads: 6

For you guys that want to use the codes, check this thread (SPOILER)

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-3979.html

The Unofficial Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Penumbra and Frictional Games IRC Channel.
#amnesiareleaseparty @ irc.gamesurge.net
09-12-2010, 12:54 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Nils - At first I thought I might have been imagining it, but with Harry's help with the sigil on the loading screen here:
(09-11-2010, 01:19 PM)Harry Wrote: In regards to the three missing planets I'll join you in the 'looking way too far into things' basket and hazard to say they also relate to Odin, Tyr and Loki.

Uranus comes from Ouranos, which was a greek god, literally the Father Sky (So linked to Odin as the "All Father")

Mars is of course the god of War so obvious link to Tyr.

Mercury comes from the Greek god Hermes, who was a patron of tricksters and described as a thief, shapeshifter and more (so linked to Loki).

The conspiracy continues!

I think it's pretty clear that it was intentional. Big Grin

HamStar - You're on to something, I feel. In addition to 3.14 being pi, 2.71 I recognized as e. I hadn't seen that before! Nice! 299 doesn't ring any bells. I'll go dig up a list of mathematical constants.

EDIT: I updated the first post. It's only spoileritized to keep it from being completely massive. Thanks, guy. Smile

EDITEDIT: REVELATION! Think science, not math. 2.99 x 10^something m/s is the speed of light, I'm pretty sure. Helpful? D:
09-12-2010, 05:38 PM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

So I just came back to visit this..... and it seems like most of the first post is mysteriously gone, not by my hand. Did the forums devour it when I caught on to Amnesia's little secret? D:

I'll fix it later. I'm too tired right now. -_-
09-13-2010, 07:55 AM
Find
Harry Offline

(09-13-2010, 07:55 AM)Commando Peach Wrote: So I just came back to visit this..... and it seems like most of the first post is mysteriously gone, not by my hand. Did the forums devour it when I caught on to Amnesia's little secret? D:

The Old Ones probably ate it...
09-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

(09-13-2010, 09:12 AM)Harry Wrote:
(09-13-2010, 07:55 AM)Commando Peach Wrote: So I just came back to visit this..... and it seems like most of the first post is mysteriously gone, not by my hand. Did the forums devour it when I caught on to Amnesia's little secret? D:

The Old Ones probably ate it...

All fixed.

-watches while it starts growing fleshy protrusions as The Shadow tries to cover the conspiracy- D:
09-13-2010, 05:08 PM
Find