Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestions and Ideas
Dark Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Suggestions and Ideas

Rowedekhelicon Wrote:
Dark_Raver Wrote:
Rowedekhelicon Wrote:
Dark_Raver Wrote:1. you mean like in rainbow six raven shield?
*shrugs* I don't play those games, but I'll bet you're right. Smile

well let me explain the Smile, it had a smooth movement key, when you hold it and move your mous from left to right will cause it to lean (the farther you pushed the farther he will lean) and from top to bottom to crouch and stand
but now you mention thats a verry good idea to implent :p
Exactly! .. Well, except I don't know about the crouch/stand axis... unless you mean that it would replace the crouch key as well. THAT might be interesting. And the lower you crouch the slower you move. At the lowest crouch you're creeping along so slowly that enemies can hardly even hear your footsteps. ... But my original idea was that forward mouse movements would result in leaning forward.

well it was when you moved your mouse down you would bend your knees(but keep your walking speed) and after a certain position you would go over to crouch.
didnt use the system much but when i used it it was great (and helpfull) Smile

btw, in thief:
knock/kill someone, stand over him, croucn and keep pressing/releasing the lean forward key: ass raping :p
nah, just kidding :d

[Image: elfenliednx4.jpg]
10-25-2006, 01:32 PM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Dark_Raver Wrote:btw, in thief:
knock/kill someone, stand over him, croucn and keep pressing/releasing the  lean forward key: ass raping :p
nah, just kidding :d
O.O;

The shame! I don't think I'll ever see Garrett quite the same way again.

Guess it just goes to show how many different ways there are to enjoy that game. ^_^
10-25-2006, 08:58 PM
Dark Offline

yes, the game is as linear as ...
err ok, got not comparison there :p
hope overture is the same way (with exception of the stealing and the blackjacking) but just that you can laugh your ass of with something that the game wasent ment to do(excluding bugs)

10-26-2006, 05:36 PM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Dark_Raver Wrote:yes, the game is as linear as ...
err ok, got not comparison there :p
It's linear only in the sense that you progress from one mission to the next. But within each mission the level of freedom is incredible. That's why I love it. Everyone has their own way to play it. ^_^
10-26-2006, 09:29 PM
Unregistered

That freedom is required I think in horror: if the game was too guided, the player will get the sense that there is something protecting him.
10-27-2006, 01:19 PM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

Ya, I agree with that.
Sometimes throwing an extra room that looks important in can help it, or just kinda make it blah.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Website Find
Dark Offline

do it like in thief(wow thief comes up alot in this tread :p ): just make a room wich seems important but is just a square(like gamgam said)
and then give that room a secret entrance to a important room and your good to go Smile

but dont make it to free at the start
i like it more where the freedom gets gradualy
so no morrowind: after the char creation, boom you can go anywhere and dont know what to do and that is anoying

10-27-2006, 09:13 PM
Find
Unregistered

Quote:so no morrowind: after the char creation, boom you can go anywhere and dont know what to do and that is anoying

Morrowind was a radically different game, and once you maid the char it is pretty obvious what you are needed to do: you get the start of the main quest. You can also explore the area and level your char. There are millions of things you can do, and millions more you can't.
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23

Untill games get so complicated that your own charecter and inspect the contents of his nose, it isn't real enough.

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
10-28-2006, 06:49 PM
Website Find
Dark Offline

realistic is fun but to realistic is not
like rainbow six, its fun that you can get killed with 1 shot, adds up to the excitement.
but only until you have to restart a mission for the 17th time because you got shot 1 time

10-28-2006, 07:47 PM
Find