Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Suggestions and Ideas
gamgam2 Offline

Threads: 23
RE: Suggestions and Ideas

Eh, you have a pointSad

Sometimes, if you look carefully at a wall for a few minutes, you'll realize you wasted some time.  It's true.
11-01-2006, 04:34 AM
Website Find
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Threads: 100

My suggestion is that they put some sort of thing in the game, and what I mean is that enemies change place every single playing time.

If this is horror game, how it can be after one playing time, if you know what's after every corner? Smile

04-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Website Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Scraper Wrote:My suggestion is that they put some sort of thing in the game, and what I mean is that enemies change place every single playing time.

If this is horror game, how it can be after one playing time, if you know what's after every corner? Smile
Yeah, Thief 2 had something like that, and it had a way of keeping things lively. You had to come up with new strategies every time you played a mission, and you could never take anything for granted.
05-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Rowedekhelicon Wrote:
Scraper Wrote:My suggestion is that they put some sort of thing in the game, and what I mean is that enemies change place every single playing time.

Yeah, Thief 2 had something like that, and it had a way of keeping things lively. You had to come up with new strategies every time you played a mission, and you could never take anything for granted.

I liked Thief 2! But haven't played it long time, so don't know does it knock me anymore...
Kinda creepy game that too... Smile

05-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Website Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

Scraper Wrote:Kinda creepy game that too... Smile
I've never played a game with better atmosphere. Some parts are downright terrifying. ^_^
05-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Few new ideas:

1. When you hit with Pick Axe or Hammer and throw something heavy like barrels, boxes, chairs and rocks, there should come some sort of scratch in wall and doors.

2. I noticed playing the game that there are not many sounds when you hit walls and doors. Maybe only one?
Could it be good that atleast two or three other sounds would be included in files also.

3. When Spiders bite you, they could secrete some sort of poison that makes you see everything with no colors (or some other colors that is really not the right color) (of course they makes damage also!).

4. Dogs could have better legs. Now they have only sticks. Otherwise they look very good.

05-26-2007, 06:38 PM
Website Find
piibii Offline

Threads: 4

1. Ability to rotate objects held in the hand

Making a bridge over the electric fence would have been much easier if it was possible to rotate the planks into correct positions. I think it would be best to adapt the system used in Garry's Mod, where the user can rotate objects held in the Manipulator beam by pressing down the Use key and moving the mouse.

2. Ability grab onto a ledge and pull yourself up

Also known as "mantling" for those familiar with the Thief series.

3. Better balancing of light sources

I think that the glowstick was way too bright in Ep1. In my opinion, the flashlight and flares should be your main light sources, where as the glowstick would only be useful when you have no other light sources left.
05-30-2007, 09:34 PM
Find
Rowedekhelicon
Unregistered

piibii Wrote:In my opinion, the flashlight and flares should be your main light sources, where as the glowstick would only be useful when you have no other light sources left.
Like the flares in Thief 2. Wink
05-31-2007, 10:04 AM
Yuhaney Offline
Hello Friends!

Glowstick could be weaker. Now it shows almost half of the room if you're using it!
Flares should NOT dissapear when you start using second one! Right now, what I've seen, when I take one Flare and throw it away, and then when I take another Flare first Flare just dissapears...

(This post was last modified: 06-06-2007, 01:20 PM by Ano.)
06-06-2007, 12:32 PM
Website Find
Eragon Offline

Threads: 8

The glowstick should also ran out of energy cuz i think glowsticks aren't unlimited....but they last A LOT longer then a flashlight.

Penumbra Overture- Its an EXCELLENT game.
Penumbra Black Plague- is AMAZING!
Penumbra Requiem - ...
06-07-2007, 12:57 AM
Find