Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

So is Frictional shutting down and eating Ramen for the rest of their lives
Urrid Offline

Threads: 1
So is Frictional shutting down and eating Ramen for the rest of their lives

Or is the game meeting financial expectations? It has been hovering around #3-#5 on the Steam best sellers list for a while so it looks like it is doing pretty well but you never know.

I've purchased this game for two random internet people because I want the developers to continue to do awesome things (and I read their blog about salary / costs to develop etc and felt super bad for the developers drastically underpaying themselves at the time).

I want to know, besides artistic/creative rewards was it worth it? Wink
09-12-2010, 04:48 AM
Find
Mikezila Offline

Threads: 5
RE: So is Frictional shutting down and eating Ramen for the rest of their lives

I don't think they release their finance business to the world. Though if one of them would just say, "doing well!" it would ease my mind a lot. I'm kind of looking forward to whatever it is they have in mind next, and I'd like for them to keep doing what they love.
09-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Find
OO Agent Offline

(09-12-2010, 04:48 AM)Urrid Wrote: Or is the game meeting financial expectations? It has been hovering around #3-#5 on the Steam best sellers list for a while so it looks like it is doing pretty well but you never know.

I've purchased this game for two random internet people because I want the developers to continue to do awesome things (and I read their blog about salary / costs to develop etc and felt super bad for the developers drastically underpaying themselves at the time).

I want to know, besides artistic/creative rewards was it worth it? Wink

as well as the Penumbra series sold im pretty sure this game will do even better, if it hasnt already. and this game hasnt even hit retail yet (if ever, i know it took Penumbra awhile). but main sales of Penumbra were all digital sales.
09-12-2010, 04:51 AM
Find
Urrid Offline

(09-12-2010, 04:51 AM)Mikezila Wrote: I don't think they release their finance business to the world. Though if one of them would just say, "doing well!" it would ease my mind a lot.
Yes, exactly!
09-12-2010, 04:53 AM
Find
OO Agent Offline

it was only released several days ago, im sure theyll give an update of some sorts soon.
09-12-2010, 04:55 AM
Find
shagen Offline

Threads: 2

So, I posted a video review (that I did not conduct) on videosift.com - hundreds of videos are submitted a day, I've never even had a video I submitted get into the top 15. The video review of this game went straight to the top reaching the golden #1 spot.

I think people are really hyping this game, the reviews are mostly positive, a lot of people have Steam - a lot of people are downloading the demo off Steam and because Valve is very luxurious with the amount of bandwidth they give people's downloads - they are instantly playing the demo. I'd imagine when the results come out Amnesia is going to be somewhere on Steam's top selling list, if not #1.

Just keep hyping this game... these five guys are the new Looking Glass Technologies; we need to keep them going, creating masterpieces like this.
09-12-2010, 05:16 AM
Find
CD Set Offline

(09-12-2010, 05:16 AM)shagen Wrote: Just keep hyping this game... these five guys are the new Looking Glass Technologies; we need to keep them going, creating masterpieces like this.

You mean Looking Glass Studios, right?

If so, I agree. Smile
09-12-2010, 08:28 PM
Find
shagen Offline

Threads: 2

Hehe,

yeah I guess I said Looking Glass Technologies because they used to be called Looking Glass Technologies but they did officially change their name to Studios.

"The company originally formed as Looking Glass Technologies, when Blue Sky Productions and Lerner Research merged."

But yeah whatevs. Frictional needs to make us a steam-punk title, now... right now. It is time!!
09-12-2010, 09:18 PM
Find
lumpi Offline

Threads: 0

(09-12-2010, 05:16 AM)shagen Wrote: these five guys are the new Looking Glass

That just made me feel all warm and fuzzy. It really does feel like there is a new niche forming, reminding you of the classics of the golden ages. Penumbra is a bit like playing Thief for the first time again.
09-13-2010, 02:38 AM
Find
MareNostrum Offline

Threads: 0

Even if they do end up shutting down I'm pretty sure all five of them could get really good jobs in the video gaming industry especially with their portfolio.
09-14-2010, 04:45 AM
Find