Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*
Karnio Offline

Threads: 2
Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*

So i've just finished the game and was scared regularly throughout. Mostly I felt tension, sometimes I had a real heart thumping moment, but only once did I actually physically jump with so much fright and shock that I moved the mouse uncontrollably and span the camera accidentally making me take a few moments to regain my senses. It was when:

Spoiler below!
You're in the Choir area, usually when a monster appears you just hide and he goes away eventually. But he didn't here; the monster-is-near music still played on and I had to push on through the dim fog with the knowledge and fear that I could be jumped at any moment and that using my lantern would only draw the monsters to me! I had gathered 2 orb fragments and had led one of the monsters into the pit which was funny and relieved some tension... not a good thing! In my more relaxed state I approached the room containing the final fragment and unwittingly entered only to have a man scream as the iron maiden flew open spraying blood everywhere... I think a little bit of poo came out after that :O

So tell me, what moments were scariest for you?
09-12-2010, 07:25 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5
RE: Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*

scariest moment(s) ?

I was shocked that the monsters can .......

SPOILER

RUN.
09-12-2010, 07:47 PM
Website Find
Steenis1 Offline

Threads: 0

Spoiler below!
The Iron Maiden is the one that made me jump and almost scream like a little girl but the place with the most tension have to be storage... Damn monsters >Sad
09-12-2010, 09:07 PM
Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

What the damn is the Iron Maiden? I don't remember that name.

EDIT: Wait, is that the torture casket with all the spikes in it?

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-12-2010, 09:51 PM
Website Find
xgatto Offline

Threads: 1

(09-12-2010, 09:51 PM)Lee Wrote: What the damn is the Iron Maiden? I don't remember that name.

EDIT: Wait, is that the torture casket with all the spikes in it?

Spoiler below!
Yes, the one that opens suddently, with all the blood around. I almost fell off my chair on that place... Tho I was stupid enough to enter the torture machine to see if it hurt me, and it closes the door automatly as fast as it opens the first time, so dont even try
09-12-2010, 10:49 PM
Find
TheRedman170 Offline

There are numerous poop myself moments, however this was a highlight

Spoiler below!
For me the was part where there is one of the grunts staring into the doorway in the sewer (where you have to throw a rock to distract him away). I thought I outsmarted him and felt quite pleased with my self as i strolled through the opening. Then that damn monster chase music starts happening and I run to the door to go up the ladder but panicked opening it and my girlfriend and I ended up screaming as the monster hacked into the back of us. Absolutely fantastic! Glad I was wearing brown underwear
09-13-2010, 02:24 AM
Find
M135 Offline

Well...

Spoiler below!
The sewer, where you have to jump from box to box, without touching the water for too long.

I had to pause because I would hyperventilate when I touched the water, so I had to take a breather. Then, after you toss the flesh, and open the gate, then you think you're safe...then you gotta run as fast as you can. Oh man. That entire part was the scariest thing ever.
09-13-2010, 02:42 AM
Find
MulleDK19 Offline

Threads: 21

(09-13-2010, 02:42 AM)M135 Wrote: Well...

Spoiler below!
The sewer, where you have to jump from box to box, without touching the water for too long.

I had to pause because I would hyperventilate when I touched the water, so I had to take a breather. Then, after you toss the flesh, and open the gate, then you think you're safe...then you gotta run as fast as you can. Oh man. That entire part was the scariest thing ever.

That was the least scary part in my opinion.

[Image: 16455.png]
09-13-2010, 09:02 AM
Find
CD Set Offline

Threads: 1

I guess I would list two moments as the overall scariest.

Spoiler below!
The first was right after getting the two rods in the storage area. A monster appeared and I hid behind some boxes in the back of the room. After waiting until the coast was clear, I headed out, but little did I know THE GRUNT WAS RIGHT THERE. Of course he spotted me and I dashed past. Of course, having played Penumbra I came up with the brilliant idea of looking behind me (I figured he was slower than me). Bad idea. Not only did he run, he was not 20 feet from me, not even 5. He was right in my face, and I yelped in surprise before being slashed to a horrible, horrible death.

Spoiler below!
The second part was in the sewers... brr, I still shudder when I think about it. Soon after stopping the spinning fan by shoving a pipe in there, you are introduced to the new enemy, the Brute. Yeah, while other people I've seen play this game manage to somehow get away from the Brute and slam the door behind them, my experience was a little different. Literally a second after I peered into the newly-opened tunnel, the thing just friggin' CHARGED at me in a matter of milliseconds, killing me instantly (seriously, I've never seen anything like it) and I think I actually hit the ceiling from the jump it caused me to do. Hands-down the scariest moment in the game (and one of the scariest moments in a video-game ever, to be honest.)

This game is the friggin' Shalebridge Cradle from Thief 3, only stretched out into a whole game.
09-13-2010, 09:52 PM
Find
fruitsaladninja Offline

Im not sure i remember correctly since i was scared and adrenalin filled, but the first time you encounter the water beast, in the room where you have to pull a crank to open the door, i was beaten to death from behind! argh! ok, i was freaked, but determined to continue!

i got the message that i can distract them with flesh, i loaded and tried again. now the monster is gone. what? ok, so i go to pull the crank again to open the steel bar door. after that i went to open the wood door behind it. and what tha frack that thing is now behind that door! I got really freaked out and cant remember how it all turned out! Big Grin
09-14-2010, 08:29 AM
Find