Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
RE: Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*

SPOILER

The area near the end with the red fog...that huge area. I almost could not make myself go through that part. The whole game is thrilling and horrifying but that part is just....wow. The random enemy spawning (seemingly random that is) and the dark fog everywhere. PLUS it is a huge area!
10-24-2010, 02:23 AM
Website Find
Biske Offline

Threads: 0

The scariest so far was near the beginning, in the massive room in the archives with all the paintings, where the piano thing drops when you walk past it the first time. I wandered back in there a little later after exploring and went to one end of the room(think there was a fire place there?), heard a growl, and turned to see the first monster I'd seen yet in my face, both me and my girlfriend who was watching over my shoulder screamed, the thing thankfully vanished into thin air, but my fear didn't go with it.

I also loved every time you saw one off in the murky distance, just for a second, that put me on edge until I was done with the area. This game instills the Zombie Safety Mantra: No place is truly "safe", only "safer" than the last. Every room I went to(think it was the wine cellar) I used the boxes to try and create safe corners to hide in.

Not really critter related, but I truly dread running out of lamp oil while exploring. The first Storage room took me atleast a couple of hours to inch through. My girlfriend played up till then, confident that this game didn't have any real monsters, and went into this room, didn't close the door behind her, and didn't realize that something spawned right behind her, only to find out a few seconds later as it killed her in a dark corner. I've been playing alone ever since!
10-24-2010, 12:57 PM
Find
Splint Offline

Threads: 1

(10-13-2010, 05:41 AM)Kurton Wrote: What's with all the iron maiden scares? I saw that thing coming a mile away. :<

For me, probably the first time I saw any of those facemelty fellas up-close, like in the

Spoiler below!
kitchen when I forgot to block the damn door.

Everything from then on felt like "Ooooh, intense! Big Grin"

YES!!!!

The kitchen made me yell so hard, my wife didn't stop laughing at me for hours!!

Spoiler below!
Not only did I fail to block the door, I was strutting around the kitchen trying to check things out thinking I was safe so long as I didn't pick up the note. WRONG!! That think came racing and I panicked and ran out of the kitchen right into that thing. Obviously he got me.

hilarious.
01-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Find
kailip Offline

Threads: 4

Spoiler below!
the entire prison, the brute at the sewer, and specially on the choir, I didn't knew i couldn't run and have the lantern on, then the monster music started but there was no monsters there, so i stood still and suddenly the monster appeared right in front of me and i literally jumped out of my chair @_@
01-04-2011, 11:29 PM
Find
b0bbe Offline

Well, on my first play-through the absolute scariest moment for me was

Spoiler below!
The water chase. Holy shit i did not see that coming! Tongue

and like someone else said I forgot to block the kitchen door so i had to hide behind the pigs.

A great game and I'm on my third play-through right now. This time I take the time to explore the areas.
01-07-2011, 10:48 AM
Find
Smith14 Offline

Threads: 3

(10-24-2010, 12:57 PM)Biske Wrote: The scariest so far was near the beginning, in the massive room in the archives with all the paintings, where the piano thing drops when you walk past it the first time.

If you go into the study or the one of the rooms in the hallway at toward the beginning (before you walk into the room with the piano) you can hear someone playing the piano in the background Smile
Pretty creepy!
(This post was last modified: 01-08-2011, 02:38 AM by Smith14.)
01-08-2011, 02:38 AM
Find
CrushedRaiD Offline

Threads: 10
Tongue  RE: Your scariest moment? *Spoilers*

*SPOILERS*
Well.. I think my scariest moment was in the prison area.. I ran out of oil right after the elevator broke down. Then i waited for few minutes, decided to run in to the corridor, straight up the stairs, monster comes, i shat brix, down, right, at the end of the hallway, monster behind me, theres the door where brute kills someone, shatting brix again, then the grunt raped me and i couldn't play the game for couple of days :'<
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011, 03:22 PM by CrushedRaiD.)
01-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Find
GraphicsKid Offline

Threads: 34

Definitely the prison area. I died enough times to figure out that, in addition to event spawns, the monsters spawn at random TIMES as well. (Confirmed after looking through game code).

Also, how do you beat the brute in the sewer? I'm talking about the one that busts through the metal bars. It kept killing me and eventually it just wasn't there when I respawned. I assume you have to lure it onto the pink stuff and have that slice it up, like the grunt. When that didn't work, I just hid for a while, but it never went away.
01-10-2011, 07:24 AM
Find
Splint Offline

(01-10-2011, 07:24 AM)GraphicsKid Wrote: Definitely the prison area. I died enough times to figure out that, in addition to event spawns, the monsters spawn at random TIMES as well. (Confirmed after looking through game code).

Also, how do you beat the brute in the sewer? I'm talking about the one that busts through the metal bars. It kept killing me and eventually it just wasn't there when I respawned. I assume you have to lure it onto the pink stuff and have that slice it up, like the grunt. When that didn't work, I just hid for a while, but it never went away.

Spoiler below!

He spawns when you're in that gruesome room near the bars that will be broken. If you hide in the "back room" where there has been a cave-in you can avoid detection. He'll eventually go away.
01-10-2011, 03:16 PM
Find
Robby Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 38

Spoiler below!
My first scary moment was with the piano. I hear someone playing the piano, and I immediately check it out. No one there, then the piano closes in front of me. Never expected that!

And the refinery, when I picked up a note, and heard a door opening (sort of), then a bang!
Later I went to a small area, and a door opened right behind me!

Other was the painting in the study. I noticed a nice painting in the room after the table room where the severed dog heads are. I opened a drawer, and skulls flew out of that. They didn't fall out like they did on my first playthrough, they flied out fast. I look at the painting, and the face was different, and it got me scared as hell! Then I move backwards out of the room, and I bump into the table and there was a severed dog head behind me. I turn around, and I literally fell out of my chair! (I was alone...)

And the bull, I lit the wood under the bull, and opened the hatch. The hatch suddenly closed, i heard a scream, then a bull like noise. Freaky.

Infrequently active. Don't expect an immediate response. Best to contact me at a different locale. If I create a thread, expect me to be quite active.
(This post was last modified: 01-10-2011, 08:04 PM by Robby.)
01-10-2011, 08:03 PM
Website Find