Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

End game stats (slight spoiler?)
marzy Offline

Threads: 2
End game stats (slight spoiler?)

I know it's not a game you 'play to win' but some stats at the end would of been nice for the completists.

How many tinder boxes did I get out of 100 for example? What was my exact play time? I also miss the secret items found in Requiem (I forget their name - the trophy things).

I like to think I looked EVERYWHERE in Amnesia but I'd like to know what I missed too Smile

I personally don't think these 'secret' items remove anything from such an immersive game. It would of been nice to have something to go back to...

Anyway, apart from that, what a game! Loved it to bits. I don't know how I feel now it's over - glad to be out of that horrific world or sad it's gone.

Just a thought anyway and nothing really to complain about. Opinions?

BTW, my rough time for completion was around 11 hours, can anyone top that? Smile
09-13-2010, 01:38 AM
Find
NGW Offline

Threads: 13
RE: End game stats (slight spoiler?)

Yeah, I was hoping for a completion time at the very least, but I'm not too hurt by them not including play stats.

My play time was around 11 hours as well by completion.

[Image: ngweyesigcopy.jpg]
09-13-2010, 01:57 AM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

Steam says I played for 8 hours, and I know at least 30 minutes or so of that was spent trying to fix a glitch in the most ridiculous ways I could muster. I'm surprised. Usually I'm pretty slow at these kinds of games.

I didn't care much for the little collectible artifacts in Penumbra. I'm of the opinion that collectibles should have some kind of reward (either by unlocking bonus content upon completing your collection or by being content in and of themselves, like files and audiotapes and such), especially in a game that's about atmosphere and immersion. Every time I stopped to look for an artifact in Penumbra, I felt like I was playing a game again instead of unraveling a story. I'm kind of glad they didn't throw them in here.
09-13-2010, 04:01 AM
Find
Adeno Offline

Threads: 8

I never used the Laudanum throughout the game. I just didn't really find it necessary because somehow, even if I got hurt and my vision turned red, sooner or later it would be back to normal as I continued playing.

09-13-2010, 04:13 AM
Find
OO Agent Offline

Threads: 5

(09-13-2010, 04:13 AM)Adeno Wrote: I never used the Laudanum throughout the game. I just didn't really find it necessary because somehow, even if I got hurt and my vision turned red, sooner or later it would be back to normal as I continued playing.

health slowly regenerates, "a few cuts and bruises" is the highest you can go without it, which is just below being perfectly fine.
09-13-2010, 05:30 AM
Find
marzy Offline

Yeap I didn't use 1 Laudanum all game. I think I had 13 at the end, last time I looked, it could of been more.
09-13-2010, 07:01 AM
Find
suibriel Offline

Threads: 3

This is probably a good time to ask - what are the codes that appear in the credits?
09-13-2010, 07:33 AM
Find
Commando Peach Offline

(09-13-2010, 07:33 AM)suibriel Wrote: This is probably a good time to ask - what are the codes that appear in the credits?

You can find out how to use them here: SPOILERS!

If you want to know more about what they mean, I'd normally link you to a thread in the General Discussion, but it looks like the forums destroyed the first post. Huh
09-13-2010, 07:57 AM
Find
Rosto Offline

Threads: 3

I think some of You missed the point here. Amnesia, as developers stated many times before, is about interactive experience. It was made to create extremely strong emotions, disturb and mess with players minds. If You like statistics, play World of Warcraft. If You care about collectibles, grab a copy of Super Mario Galaxy.
09-13-2010, 06:00 PM
Find
marzy Offline

Hang on we have another one on the internet that knows it all! Do you really need to be such an arse about it, Rosto? You certainly wouldn't talk to me like that in real life so have some respect.

Would having END game stats really ruin your experience? It wasn't even a complaint if you read my post properly so relax eh?
09-14-2010, 10:47 PM
Find