Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Locked mouse when you alt-tab out
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Locked mouse when you alt-tab out

Hello,

I'm quite sure this has been brought up before, but I would really appreciate it if in the next update, the mouse is freed from the renderer when we alt-tab out. I frequently play Amnesia and talk with people at the same time (2 monitors).

I'm not sure whether the game needs the mouse to be locked at all times... shouldn't be since I pause the game when I alt-tab...

Thanks
11-01-2010, 10:58 PM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Locked mouse when you alt-tab out

I have the same issue, when I am just starting the game, and I want to change my sound via the control on the desktop, I can't cause my mouse is locked so I have to exit and go back in. Don't talk to people while playing though, it ruins the immersion which is 75% of the game...seriously you'll love the game 10 times more in the dark, totally alone, with a headset. Unless your scared! Tongue
11-02-2010, 12:57 AM
Website Find
xiphirx Offline

Threads: 16

(11-02-2010, 12:57 AM)Spooder Wekd Wrote: I have the same issue, when I am just starting the game, and I want to change my sound via the control on the desktop, I can't cause my mouse is locked so I have to exit and go back in. Don't talk to people while playing though, it ruins the immersion which is 75% of the game...seriously you'll love the game 10 times more in the dark, totally alone, with a headset. Unless your scared! Tongue

Oh don't worry, I usually talk to a friend is a Frictional Games-holic who taunts me as I play Tongue

Other than that, I am a very busy man. I need to be contacted at any time Tongue
11-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Find
Bennick Offline

Threads: 27

I don't contact people (at least not in a way that I need to alt tab out), however, I'm trying to build my own levels with Amnesia and it sucks because I can't make any changes to reload without exiting the program. I need a fix for this!

Fratricide (title not finalized): 2/7 maps. :D
04-08-2011, 03:35 AM
Find
Tanshaydar Offline
From Beyond

Threads: 17

If you setup developer environment it'll be very easy for you to exit and restart the game. Even easier than alt+tab.

(This post was last modified: 04-08-2011, 01:03 PM by Tanshaydar.)
04-08-2011, 01:03 PM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

Yes and also when making your own levels you should run amnesia in window mode, it really speeds up switching between editor, ingame and whatnot.
04-08-2011, 01:37 PM
Website Find