Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games Crashes to Black
EDIBLE Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Games Crashes to Black

K, I finally give up. The game will randomly crash and the screen will only display black. I also cannot get out of it and have to force shut down my computer.

I updated my drivers. I use a laptop so I tried the laptop fix in the sticky (ATI radeon HD 3200). I uninstalled and reinstalled. I lowered my graphics.

Each fix offered short term results. Where it allowed me to play longer, but then crashed later. Then I'd try another fix and it seems legit, then a crash.
09-16-2010, 11:03 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Games Crashes to Black

Might be some kind of overheating issue or it might be a sound issue. Try choosing another sound device.

Does it only happen at map change? or does it happen anytime? Perhaps it never happens at map change?
09-17-2010, 09:45 AM
Find
EDIBLE Offline

Threads: 1

Sorry for the long reply, was away for awhile.

It never crashes on map change. It happens randomly while in game.

I tried using a different sound device, but then it doesn't play any sound at all and still crashes randomly. Also disabled that image trail but that only worked to stop the crashing after the intro sequence.
09-17-2010, 08:46 PM
Find
Thomas Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 184

Open main_settings.cfg in "My Documents/Amnesia/Main" and change:
UpdateLogActive="false"
to
UpdateLogActive="true"

run game until crash and then make a message where you attach hpl_update.log from "My Documents/Amnesia/Main"
09-17-2010, 09:40 PM
Find