Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Removed stuff in Amnesia?
Googolplex Offline
Banned

Threads: 246
Removed stuff in Amnesia?

As we can see in the scary gameplay trailer, there was stuff in the game that has been removed.
In the entrance hall, there was a water pool and that is not in the retail game. And behind the door, when you goes the stair down is an other level than in the final version.
There you can move the table in front of the door to protect the come-in of the monster. I have never seen that place and I loved it because that was scary!

And why you can't hear the woman screaming in the darkness?
I have hear it one time in the entrance hall and then no more.

Why all the great stuff was removed or changed?
09-17-2010, 11:15 PM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Removed stuff in Amnesia?

That was a separate level. It's not in the actual game.
09-17-2010, 11:31 PM
Find
iTIMMEH Offline

Threads: 2

I would imagine they rigged up a demo area specifically for the trailer. If you've seen it before, it isn't going to be as scary is it Wink
09-17-2010, 11:52 PM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Here is FG's blog post about that trailer where they discuss how they made it, and yes, that level was made specifically for the trailer.
09-18-2010, 12:44 AM
Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22

Everything is in ancient_game_overview_from_0810.pdf:

Quote:Combat is not a large part of the gameplay, but still exist as a final resort and also as a way to
complete non-violence related puzzles. Example of this might be a bridge that can be brought down
by destroying a chain, one of the possible solutions can be to use a weapon to destroy it. The types
of weapons available are close ranged melee weapons, bow and arrow, various bottles of alchemy
potions that can be thrown (think grenades with different effects) and a very rare flint lock gun.
Most of these weapons also serve a secondary purpose apart from fighting, for example bow and
arrow can shoot switches from afar and a potion can be used to set a rope on fire.
Using weapons is not the only way to kill enemies; often the best way is to use the environment to
take them down. For example, the player can lead electricity into a pond of water that a creature is
standing in or cut a rope that makes a large boulder fall on the head of an unsuspecting foe. To
make killing harder for the player many enemies are only vulnerable to certain elements, some
enemies can only be killed by fire, some by electricity and so on. This adds another layer of strategy
to the combat and makes it more desirable to find another route instead of charging a direct attack.

Tongue

Oh, btw:
Quote:Strange Statue
These are hard to get items that act as a special collectable that are hidden in the levels. Each level
only contains a few of these and once all have been found in a hub some kind of secret is unlocked.
This might be a secret level, some more story bits or something else. The game shows the player
how many he misses in each level and once the game is completed the player can go back to old
Hubs and search for more. This collectable also serves as a way to give the game replayability

Remember those incredible amout of small statues in the Chancel's second room (against)? I guess it is some kind of reference to old ideas with collectibles Tongue

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Find