Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

trilogy
MadDog Offline

Threads: 2
trilogy

I recently finished Amnesia, which I found somewhat disturbing.

Which I think is the point. : ) So, well done.

There are so many hints and clues that are left unanswered, I was wondering if Amnesia is going to be the first in another trilogy, like Penumbra ?

Also, I was interested to note that both games had those weird "canopic jars". That can hardly be a coincidence, can it ?

Mad Dog
09-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Find
Harry Offline

Threads: 1
RE: trilogy

(09-18-2010, 01:51 AM)MadDog Wrote: I recently finished Amnesia, which I found somewhat disturbing.

Which I think is the point. : ) So, well done.

There are so many hints and clues that are left unanswered, I was wondering if Amnesia is going to be the first in another trilogy, like Penumbra ?

Also, I was interested to note that both games had those weird "canopic jars". That can hardly be a coincidence, can it ?

Mad Dog

Pretty sure the developers stated that Amnesia was a standalone product, but that might not preclude further ventures into the Amnesia story (although personally, I think this particular story arc has been explored as much as it needs to be).

The things you describe though are very Lovecraftian in their use. This kind of underlying meta-story where we see these strange connections between arcs really add to the overall experience. Unanswered questions are also a staple of this kind of horror, and being left in the dark with unanswered questions is, to me, much more interesting than "Oh, here's what this means, so-and-so did this..."
09-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Find
red pharoah Offline

Threads: 5
RE: trilogy

(09-18-2010, 01:51 AM)MadDog Wrote: Also, I was interested to note that both games had those weird "canopic jars". That can hardly be a coincidence, can it ?

Yeah first time when I saw it I went wtf? this is the canopic thingy from Penumbra, only stone and blue...my theory is that the Tuurngait had something to do with Amnesia and it's monsters, but that's hardly plausible.
09-18-2010, 06:12 PM
Find