Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Can you recommend similar games? (Aside from Penumbra)
Jashin Offline

Threads: 2
RE: Can you recommend similar games? (Aside from Penumbra)

Dark Corners of the Earth - fantastic game, there were no major gamebreaking bugs, don't believe the lies.

However there can be technical problems with people trying to play on 64bit Vista/Win7, etc. I don't find that odd considering a lot of old games have problems. DCOTE in particular was ported to PC after Headfirst had gone out of business and a single guy stayed on to port it pro bono out of love for the game. Played it on 32bit XP preferably. There is a tool that opens up dev cheats if you really have problems, or ask/look around the forum for help/saves.

Go to the main site and look at the forum. People are dropping by going on years after such a small release for a small title to talk about the incredible experience they had playing it.
09-20-2010, 05:09 AM
Find
Penumbraftw Offline

Threads: 2

(09-20-2010, 05:09 AM)Jashin Wrote: Dark Corners of the Earth - fantastic game, there were no major gamebreaking bugs, don't believe the lies.

However there can be technical problems with people trying to play on 64bit Vista/Win7, etc. I don't find that odd considering a lot of old games have problems. DCOTE in particular was ported to PC after Headfirst had gone out of business and a single guy stayed on to port it pro bono out of love for the game. Played it on 32bit XP preferably. There is a tool that opens up dev cheats if you really have problems, or ask/look around the forum for help/saves.

Go to the main site and look at the forum. People are dropping by going on years after such a small release for a small title to talk about the incredible experience they had playing it.
DCOTE Works exeptionaly on my 64bit vista, Haven't run into ANY bugs yet *touch wood*. Any ways as most of the other's have mentioned DCOTE is pretty creepy intill you get your first gun then the horror element kinda fades into the backround and makes the game turn into a fps.
09-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Find
mercenar Offline

Threads: 1

I haven't tried CoC DCOTE since I changed computer and went from XP to Seven 64.

So CoC works well under seven ??
09-21-2010, 12:40 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

Dark Corners of the Earth ....

Oh man , that game gave me NIGHTMARES ..... in a good way.

One of the best.

I"ve finished it on my old xbox , but could NOT finish it on my PC (ship level bug).

You can circumvent this with no-clipping , but i lost interest cuz i allready finished it on xbox ...

?
09-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Website Find
Zanderat Offline

Threads: 3

(09-21-2010, 12:40 PM)mercenar Wrote: I haven't tried CoC DCOTE since I changed computer and went from XP to Seven 64.

So CoC works well under seven ??

Apparently so. Head over to the tech forums in the link that I posted for more help.
09-21-2010, 12:58 PM
Find
Chriz86 Offline

Threads: 3

Cryostasis is my recommendation. The atmosphere and storytelling are similar (as far as you can compare the two games). The only downside is that the game runs very slow on most systems.
09-22-2010, 01:03 PM
Find
CHANCEPHOENIX Offline

Threads: 5

(09-22-2010, 01:03 PM)Chriz86 Wrote: Cryostasis is my recommendation. The atmosphere and storytelling are similar (as far as you can compare the two games). The only downside is that the game runs very slow on most systems.

Yes and SHADERMODEL4 doesn|T even works on most ati cards with this game (cryostasis).
09-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Website Find
Sexbad Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 40

Cryostasis isn't horror. It's a heavily atmospheric mystery game. And it's fucking amazing.

[Image: jao3z.jpg]
09-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Website Find
Shal Offline

Threads: 0

I can recommand Black Mirror and Black Mirror 2 games. Its great point and click adventure game.
09-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Find