Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
water monster problem
darkpast Offline

Threads: 2
water monster problem

Fist of all, I wanted to thank the developers for making this amazingly immersing game. But I also wanted to draw their attention to what I believe is a design oversight.

Namely, the water monster can actually knock around the boxes you're standing on. While this is certainly scary, it only ever happens by accident. So what's the problem with that? The problem is that it breaks immersion: if the monster can just knock over those boxes, why doesn't it just do so and kill you?

Sorry if this is in the wrong subforum.
09-19-2010, 12:25 PM
Find
Pandemoneus Offline

RE: water monster problem

I would actually call it a design flaw. The monster can only push those boxes you can interact with (e.g. pull them), because they are not marked as static (like some of the other boxes in the level).
It is probably not intended at all that the monster knocks those boxes over when you stand on them, but that's nothing serious in my opinion.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2010, 01:31 PM by Pandemoneus.)
09-19-2010, 01:31 PM
Find
darkpast Offline

RE: water monster problem

Yeah, it's not a serious problem at all. In fact it's the *only* time in the game that my immersion was broken, so I think that says a lot about how well-made it is. Smile
09-20-2010, 11:47 AM
Find