Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

My 50 cents about the game
Klarden Offline

Threads: 3
My 50 cents about the game

Since i don't want to simply translate my review from rus, i'll do a list of things about the game i didn't actually point out in my review anyway.

What was done right?

Pretty much, everything.

What gameplay parts could be done differently?

I didn't have any problems with gameplay and puzzles apart the next few things:

Get out of prison part was slightly "now what?!".
The first water encounter (as i mentioned in my demo impressions) could've more explicitly explained the danger of staying in water.
And finally, the end part of sewers - when you get to the door after sneaking past the monster, you hear a monster scream. And it feels, like the scream is coming from the other side of the door. You run away from the door and right into monster's arms. Visually, the door shaking gave a wrong impression.

What also could've been done?

More emphasis on "going insane" part. I guess, there was an idea to make you completely insane-game over, but it was cut after testing. If not, going insane still felt less threatening than it should've.

A bit more interaction. A lot of people pointed out the "move table" part from the video. It's natural to think, that people would've wanted more of the "you can do it like in real life" interaction, though i can understand the reasons for not doing it.

More light-dark emphasis and monster reactions to it. Putting out fire, to stay hidden and such. Though, again, i can understand the reasons for it not being in game.

What would've been awesome but impossible to do because of the time/budget?

More "randomness" to not only monsters and small stuff, but to level layouts. Think of it, as of a "Insane AI director" -_-.

PROTAGONIST OF PENUMBRA ENTERS GUNS BLAZING AND--
Okay, sorry the last one is not really a good idea.

Overall, it's sad that you didn't catch the "lucky wave" like it happened with World of Goo (SUDDENLY they're famous), and i hope that you will still have good sales with this game.
It's strange, but lack of big budget helped Penumbra to be great while being minimalistic, and the same happened here. A lot of story, a lot of characters, yet you don't see anyone. Your imagination works. And in the end the game, it's story, the characters... they all become and remembered in a much much better way than if they were actually shown.Smile
09-20-2010, 12:38 AM
Website Find
Kein Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 22
RE: My 50 cents about the game

Quote:It's strange, but lack of big budget helped Penumbra to be great while being minimalistic, and the same happened here.
True for Penumbra, and "not really" for the Amnesia. The latter looks... incomplete.

"Avoid Capture"
Bugs/Tricks Gallery:
1 | 2 | 3
09-20-2010, 05:31 AM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

My 50 cents is that other than what appears to be a quick ending. Everything was fine.
I'm glad I knew nothing about the water creature. I just wanted to get the hell away real quick, while I hopped and jumped about trying to figure out how to escape, only to find I'm in another room with it there.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-21-2010, 10:07 AM
Find
kuato Offline

Threads: 4

http://twitpic.com/2qema1
amneisa is a better game than 50 Cent: Blood on the sand. but not by as much as you would think
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2010, 10:16 AM by kuato.)
09-21-2010, 10:10 AM
Find