Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game Over Module Help [SOLVED]
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63
Game Over Module Help [SOLVED]

So I have been tinkering with the Game Over Module in SOMA and so far it is to my liking, but I need one more thing:

When you are faced with the 'Press any button to continue...' sign when you click on it the game loads were you last saved but my mod is a rougelike and requires perma-death. Since SOMA is more moddable than Amnesia I don't want it to just say "Reload the game again!" Rather I want it so that when you click you will be loaded into the map of my choice (that being 'start.hpm').

Is there anyway I can do this?
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016, 06:58 AM by A.M Team.)
05-08-2016, 02:47 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Game Over Module Help

The simplest way I see is to change the part of the GameOverHandler that loads the previous save and instead make it load a particular map. From what I can tell, the End_Timer_DeathOver function is what you want.
05-08-2016, 09:41 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Until you find a better way, you can do this by forcing a ChangeMap when the player dies.

PHP Code: (Select All)
void OnPlayerKilled(int alRecentDeaths, const tString&in asSource)
{

Map_ChangeMap("start.hpm","PlayerStartArea_1","","");

You may want to add a delay in there with a timer to give the player time to read the death message.

Another way may be using a flag to know if the player died. Then if the OnEnter event triggers too when the player respawns, you check there the flag and change map.

05-09-2016, 01:15 AM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

Thank you very much! Works like a charm one you preload it too! Tongue
(This post was last modified: 05-12-2016, 06:57 AM by A.M Team.)
05-11-2016, 07:10 PM
Find