Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

This game is gonna explode.. soon
Ephax20 Offline

Threads: 2
This game is gonna explode.. soon

I've been following Amnesia for some while now and i see changes, this game is so great and so full of passion that you can taste it while playing. Games like this aren't instant succes, they can't. You have to taste them. I see this game keep getting more populair and populair, everybody loves it. Mark my words, this game will make the developers filthy rich, it will. Also the damage has been done, the buzz is out and the knowledge is there, respectable icons in te industry know about the level of awesomeness that this game provides, give it time. Frictional is a succes and will feel this one. I just hope they don't turn evil on our asses and go on making things like this, because they are my all time favorite developers from now on.

It's a matter of time before Frictional will be rich.
09-23-2010, 12:16 PM
Find
Deu sex Offline

Threads: 26
RE: This game is gonna explode.. soon

I hope you're right !!!!
09-23-2010, 02:14 PM
Find
superluser Offline

Threads: 3

I note that Yahtzee has taken the time to let everyone know that he bought the game so they can stop pestering him to buy it.

That may mean that he will review it or possibly not. If he does review it, it should work out great for Frictional, regardless of the opinion.

- good opinion: lots of people will buy it.
- lackluster opinion: lots of people will say, ``Hey! I didn't know about that horror game.''
- bad opinion: ``What could Yahtzee possibly hate so much?''
09-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Find
OO Agent Offline

Threads: 5

(09-23-2010, 02:38 PM)superluser Wrote: I note that Yahtzee has taken the time to let everyone know that he bought the game so they can stop pestering him to buy it.

That may mean that he will review it or possibly not. If he does review it, it should work out great for Frictional, regardless of the opinion.

- good opinion: lots of people will buy it.
- lackluster opinion: lots of people will say, ``Hey! I didn't know about that horror game.''
- bad opinion: ``What could Yahtzee possibly hate so much?''

that is actually AMAZING news. even if he hates the game (which i think even HE will enjoy the overall experience) it will draw a crapton of attention to the game, and most likely result in alot of sales.
09-24-2010, 07:01 AM
Find
PissedOffUser Offline

Threads: 2

How can this game be good if HALF OF THE PEOPLE can´t even play it? It doesnt start, you can´t see anything (black screen), it freezes all the time, everything is upside/down... they were very creative, yes... in terms of creating problems! Dodgy
09-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Find
Yodake Offline

Threads: 3

(09-24-2010, 12:34 PM)PissedOffUser Wrote: How can this game be good if HALF OF THE PEOPLE can´t even play it? It doesnt start, you can´t see anything (black screen), it freezes all the time, everything is upside/down... they were very creative, yes... in terms of creating problems! Dodgy

maybe you should buy a new computer Dodgy
you said "half of the people". any proof for that? can't believe. some of my friends and me played demo without any problems, so i guess it will be the same with the original in some weeks.
09-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Find
Jinix Offline

Threads: 8

If the big game makers get too worried they will just buy out FG.
If not, and FG does end up with a mega hit, then FG will most likely start to make games to try and please everybody. Xbox, Playstation, age ratings etc.
If that happens the next game will be more professionally done and take it's place in the -just-like-the-others category.
Only a few of us will lose out and so it won't really matter in the long term.

Jinix ~~~ZiXiZ~~~ OAP
09-24-2010, 03:34 PM
Find
OO Agent Offline

Threads: 5

(09-24-2010, 12:34 PM)PissedOffUser Wrote: How can this game be good if HALF OF THE PEOPLE can´t even play it? It doesnt start, you can´t see anything (black screen), it freezes all the time, everything is upside/down... they were very creative, yes... in terms of creating problems! Dodgy

my computers 6 years old, and running on windows 7 64bit with the lastest Nvidia Drivers, i didnt run into a single issue. and i also played the game on max settings.
09-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Find
Al3xand3r Offline

Threads: 1

(09-24-2010, 03:34 PM)Jinix Wrote: If the big game makers get too worried they will just buy out FG. If not, and FG does end up with a mega hit, then FG will most likely start to make games to try and please everybody. Xbox, Playstation, age ratings etc. If that happens the next game will be more professionally done and take it's place in the -just-like-the-others category. Only a few of us will lose out and so it won't really matter in the long term.
Uh, talk about being paranoid... Penumbra was a success by indie measures and Amnesia didn't turn into a first person shooter to please Halo or Call of Duty fans so... I guess you're proven wrong. If that's what Frictional wanted to do they could just become a developer for hire doing licenced shovelware, or even close Frictional down and go work for other studios slaving on marketing departments' ideas instead of their own. They're independent because they want to do their own thing, and so far they have done very well, so cross your fingers Amnesia keeps selling so they can do more. Not that any of this has much to do with Yahtzee's "review" (he's an entertainer, not a reviewer - I used to dislike him when I thought he's a reviewer, since he's bad at it, but I realised that soon enough, plus his adventure games are cool and made me like him more seeing there's more to him than this silly persona).
09-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Find
ajvitaly Offline

Threads: 12

(09-23-2010, 12:16 PM)Ephax20 Wrote: I've been following Amnesia for some while now and i see changes, this game is so great and so full of passion that you can taste it while playing. Games like this aren't instant succes, they can't. You have to taste them. I see this game keep getting more populair and populair, everybody loves it. Mark my words, this game will make the developers filthy rich, it will. Also the damage has been done, the buzz is out and the knowledge is there, respectable icons in te industry know about the level of awesomeness that this game provides, give it time. Frictional is a succes and will feel this one. I just hope they don't turn evil on our asses and go on making things like this, because they are my all time favorite developers from now on.

It's a matter of time before Frictional will be rich.

I think you are absolutely right.

http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thr...age-1.html

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?id=2404...r_24044380
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/sh...?t=1436470
http://www.reddit.com/r/gaming/comments/...ause_im_a/
09-24-2010, 04:00 PM
Find