Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possible Fix for Amnesia Mods
Mewgawta Offline

Threads: 1
Not Solved Possible Fix for Amnesia Mods

Hey guys,

I've been seeing a lot of people having problems with full conversion mods.
I have been as well, but i recently discovered something that hopefully would be a fix for said problem.

Below I've included the (somewhat) short video showing how i did it, with rambling at the end.

I really hope this helps with those who had problems. Smile
05-10-2016, 11:29 AM
Find
Mudbill Offline
Muderator

Threads: 59
Not Solved RE: Possible Fix for Amnesia Mods

It's not long ago since this Steam init error came along. I know for a fact my mods were functioning fine about 1-2 months ago, and 1.3 (the update) is like 1.5 years now I think? Maybe 2.5?

I wonder what happened. Maybe I'll need to fix my Modloader to reflect this, but hopefully FG will revert whatever update they did to cause this.

PS: What happens if SDL2 is not included? I have not had any issues having to include them on Windows, but on Mac it will "fail to load config file" otherwise. Is it the same you're getting on Windows if you don't? If so, it's odd that I don't get it on Windows.

(This post was last modified: 05-10-2016, 01:05 PM by Mudbill.)
05-10-2016, 01:03 PM
Find
Nanatsumi Offline

Threads: 29

Hooray, it worked! Thanks!
05-10-2016, 01:15 PM
Find
Daemian Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 42

Good job. I hope they fix this soon.

05-10-2016, 06:28 PM
Find
Unregistered

(05-10-2016, 01:03 PM)Mudbill Wrote: It's not long ago since this Steam init error came along. I know for a fact my mods were functioning fine about 1-2 months ago, and 1.3 (the update) is like 1.5 years now I think? Maybe 2.5?

I wonder what happened. Maybe I'll need to fix my Modloader to reflect this, but hopefully FG will revert whatever update they did to cause this.

PS: What happens if SDL2 is not included? I have not had any issues having to include them on Windows, but on Mac it will "fail to load config file" otherwise. Is it the same you're getting on Windows if you don't? If so, it's odd that I don't get it on Windows.

Yeah, when i didn't include SDL2 it would say "fail to load config file." Which, after seeing that, led to me trying to add it. In all honesty i'm surprised it even worked in the first place Tongue
05-10-2016, 09:27 PM