Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Serious graphical errors
Anubis Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Serious graphical errors

I got Penumbra: Magical Mystery Tour going on in my game. Additionally, some walls and doors are invisible. This is especially difficult to deal with when a part of that wall is important, like the boarded up door around the start that leads to the auxiliary shaft. Or the cage with the steam pipes shortly after. Much as I would love to play this game and be scared, the graphical glitches and invisible walls are extremely immersion breaking.
[Image: graphicsglitches2.png]
[Image: graphicsglitches.png]
I'm running Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium, with Intel HD graphics and 4 GB RAM.
09-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Serious graphical errors

I must say, that is pretty damned awesome. I would suggest updating drivers and restarting your comp. Then if all else fails reinstall.
09-28-2010, 03:24 AM
Website Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

I think if you lower the shader quality 1 step in the options this will go away, I think it is the color specular that the the intel HD can't handle correctly.
09-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Website Find
Anubis Offline

Quote:I must say, that is pretty damned awesome. I would suggest updating drivers and restarting your comp. Then if all else fails reinstall.

My drivers are updated. They even somehow made Mass Effect start working instead of crashing at startup. Sadly, it did nothing to fix Penumbra.

Quote:I think if you lower the shader quality 1 step in the options this will go away, I think it is the color specular that the the intel HD can't handle correctly.
I've tried the shaders on every setting, the pictures show it at low.
09-28-2010, 09:12 AM
Find
Spooder Wekd Offline

Threads: 10

Did you try re-installing yet?
09-29-2010, 12:31 AM
Website Find
zchr Offline

Threads: 0

Try turning off bloom. I experienced the same problem, and that seemed to fix it.

Also, make sure you have the game fully patched.
11-15-2010, 11:33 PM
Find
Anubis Offline

Is there more than one patch? I have 1.1 installed, I've messed with all the graphics nobs, and nothing is changed.
01-15-2011, 07:13 AM
Find
jens Offline
Frictional Games

Threads: 199

First try to update the drivers for the graphics card, if that does not help, then try turning off bloom or lower the shader quality one step.
01-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Website Find
Anubis Offline

Okay, my graphics driver is completely up to date, the shader is set to very low, and now the psychedelic's gone, and I seem to be able to see all the models i'm supposed to.
Now other glitches have come up
[Image: glitches.png]
It's incredibly bright, and I don't know how to change it. There's no difference at all whether or not I have my flashlight or glowstick out. I encountered a similar problem when I played Oblivion, in that everything seemed much better lit than it should have been.

I haven't gotten very far, so I can't say for sure if the old glitches are gone for good, but at least it's playable. Still bummed out about the brightness, it really takes from the tension if I can see perfectly well in an abandoned mine hundreds of feet below the surface.
01-15-2011, 11:45 PM
Find
Anubis Offline

[Image: owmyeyes.png]
Anything past a few meters from my position gets this fuzzy black texture glitch that move around until I get close.
And the screen is yet again going black for a few seconds at random intervals.
01-16-2011, 09:22 AM
Find