Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Fear level
311alien Offline

Threads: 7
Fear level

I was just wondering if people are experiencing the same level of fear and anxiety as I am when playing this game. I gotta tell ya FG, you have created a master piece. How many other "horror games" out there have not even effected me in any way.

While playing Amnesia, I am on the Edge of my seat the entire time. I need to take breathers and have a beer because it actually freaks me the hell out. When I hear the music change and have a monster break through a door and come lurking after me, I hide in a dark corner behind a barrel or a chair and freak out.

And when that invisible water monster was running after me, my heart rate was really going. Excellent job FG, bravo!

What do you guys/gals think? Am I alone here? Blush
09-30-2010, 03:24 AM
Find
Gamefan74 Offline

Threads: 1
RE: Fear level

I definitely needed to take a break after an hour or so of playing. Before I return I actually have some second thoughts about it, yet at the same time I kinda like the feeling of actually being scared so I jump right back in.

As for when I get chased, I'm more like Phillip from Penumbra, scared, but yet completely silent at the same time. Sometimes when I do get chased, I can feel my legs getting stiff as if I'm running. Smile
09-30-2010, 03:56 AM
Find
Crabski Offline

Threads: 2

I didn't get that freaked out, but I wish I did. I've played a number of horror games so I'm a bit desensitized by this point. Still, this and Penumbra are the best horror games IMO.
09-30-2010, 04:16 AM
Find
311alien Offline

(09-30-2010, 03:56 AM)Gamefan74 Wrote: I definitely needed to take a break after an hour or so of playing. Before I return I actually have some second thoughts about it, yet at the same time I kinda like the feeling of actually being scared so I jump right back in.

As for when I get chased, I'm more like Phillip from Penumbra, scared, but yet completely silent at the same time. Sometimes when I do get chased, I can feel my legs getting stiff as if I'm running. Smile

I know what you mean...I love the fear. My adrenaline actually starts to pump. As for the legs, when I was being chased by inviso-water-monster, I felt that in my legs too...I think it was because all my muscles were tense...I was all tensed up! lol
09-30-2010, 04:19 AM
Find
Serena Offline

Threads: 2

Oh man... I'm on my fifth playthrough and I'm still teeth-gritting edge of my seat heart thumping and sweaty-browed when I make the water horror hallway run. The torture chambers are still as magnificent and horrific and somehow personal as the first time I saw them. I'm still terrified when I get what I call "MURDERFACE" (which is related to something I call TANKFACE from left4dead - sudden close up appearance of the horror that will disembowel you). The chase music still twists my guts.
09-30-2010, 06:25 AM
Find
Blackhand Offline

I didn't scream or yell, mostly because I was just too tense to. Half the time it felt like my heart was racing and my muscles clenched, if someone would have tapped me on the shoulder I'm sure I would have jumped out the window.
09-30-2010, 10:49 AM
Find
harlequ1n Offline

Threads: 3

The fear of death only became more intense after my first death to a moster in the prison... I fear them way more now!

no gods or kings, only man
09-30-2010, 12:02 PM
Find
311alien Offline

(09-30-2010, 12:02 PM)harlequ1n Wrote: The fear of death only became more intense after my first death to a moster in the prison... I fear them way more now!

I am still in my 1st play through and I am in the Prison right now. I pretty much saved all my oil and tinderboxes until now. It's so dark in the prison. As someone said above me, the whole time my heart is racing and my muscles are tense. I still find it hard to believe that I am playing a video game. FG did a wonderful job. The production value is incredible!
09-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Find
dbfuru Offline

I got scared, and I would often barricade the door of a room I was searching around in for fear something would try to enter, and if I heard a strange noise, I'd probably crouch in a dark corner mustering up the courage to continue!

Still, I don't think I ever screamed or went into hysterics, like some Let's Players did on YouTube. Still, I wish it had scared me that much!
10-04-2010, 08:23 AM
Find
Gunslingerjh Offline

Threads: 48

I always close the door behind me, and put something in front of it ;-)

10-04-2010, 11:48 AM
Find