Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Dark Fall: Lost Souls
zak Offline

Threads: 4
RE: Dark Fall: Lost Souls

(10-04-2010, 07:41 AM)dbfuru Wrote: I found the puzzles in Dark Fall: Lost Souls really obscure, and as said before a bit too like pixel hunting. At one part, you need to click the corner of a chair cushion to find a coin, to use to dial a number. I found myself using a walkthrough for a lot of it just so I could continue.

It might have just been me, though. I just couldn't figure a lot of it out, it was just too obscure to figure out. Most of the scare comes from jump scares with loud, sudden violin hits, and a ghost appearing for a split second. In my opinion it's not like Amnesia at all.

If I could figure out the damn puzzles myself I'd probably enjoy it.

Tongue Walkthrough user Wink
But I agree, there are (at least in the first part of the game) some annoying search puzzles, but once I got used to it and managed to understand the hints from ECHO somehow, it wasn't so bad anymore. And I really like this games. Jonathan Boakes is an artist!

But it is completely different to Amnesia, that's true.
10-04-2010, 07:57 AM
Find
dbfuru Offline

Threads: 1

I know, I feel bad having to use walkthroughs, and I usually try not to! I just got sick of wandering around trying to figure out what I had to do. It wasn't so bad at the beginning because I had so few rooms to explore, but when I got into the hotel there were a lot of rooms to backtrack through.

As for the writing I honestly didn't mind it, I enjoyed finding newspaper articles and notes etc, I don't think the story is that bad so far, just I found it hard to figure out a lot of times.

I'll probably play it a bit more, and see if I can stop sucking so bad at the puzzles, but we'll see. It's like text adventure games, I absolutely love playing them, but I usually get so far and then the puzzles start to really stump me, and they seem so obscure. I leave it a couple of days and decide to use a walkthrough and it's either I missed something so simple, or it's just really obscure.
10-04-2010, 08:27 AM
Find
dyssynchrony Offline

Threads: 0

I played the first Dark Fall and really enjoyed it: thought it had a nice creepy atmosphere and story; not really truly scary like Amnesia and Penumbra though. I would get the rest and play those too except I switched to Mac and there are no Mac versions. Huh
10-04-2010, 03:54 PM
Find