Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game won't start after patch - Purchased from steam.
PookeyBear Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Game won't start after patch - Purchased from steam.

OK! So here's my dilemma.

I bought the game off the Steam, and play it from there.

While playing, I encountered some severe slow-down and choppy-ness at certain points, especially during the beginning of the game where Daniel begins talking to some voice in his head (not his own); at this point it actually made my computer freeze up.

Not thinking it was due to my high performance settings, I decided to look for a patch for the game. I installed the 1.01 patch manually which I believe might have been intended for those who purchased the game outside of steam.

So NOW whenever I try to play the game, before it even starts it asks me to enter in a serial number, that which I don't have since I bought it on steam.

So now I can't play the game being of my stupid decision... What should I do?Huh

EDIT: So yeah, I looked around and discovered that that patch was deffinetly the wrong thing to do since it is stated on this site that it isn't intended for steam users (you're working on it).

I feel like an idiot now.
10-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Find
Megadrixfire Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game won't start after patch - Purchased from steam.

Delete The game and redownload it from steam since you alredy bought it and you will be able to play again.
If it goes slow, update you're graphic card drivers, Lower the rsolution or the SSAO that literaly kills Fraps per second.

Its okay what you did, but you could have done more research before downloading it lol ^^.
10-02-2010, 08:32 PM
Find
PookeyBear Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Game won't start after patch - Purchased from steam.

awesome suggestion. Thanks.
10-03-2010, 04:26 AM
Find