Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Found the cause of the "off-screen" problem
losmagni Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month, 3 Weeks ago Found the cause of the "off-screen" problem

Monitor: Widescreen 16:9 (native 1920x1080 resolution)
VGA: GeForce 8600GT

Hello there.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who's been unable to play due to the cropping of the screen on high-res screens. The issue can bee seen in in the screenshot below:

[Image: offscreen.th.png]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Looks like the problem is directly related with the font size options in Windows Seven. Since I'm the owner of kind of a big screen, I have to stick to the aforementioned options, keeping the text and stuff on a 133% magnification. This seems to be exacly what is causing the game screen to bloat off boundaries. Instead of keeping itself inside the screen proportions, the image seems to be affected by the text size configurations, causing it to get 33% larger than it should be.

Way to fix it at the moment is, obviously, to turn the Font Size on Windows options back to 100%. Although it's very unconvenient having to change it (requiring a system logoff) back and forth everytime you want to play, this seems to be the only solution.

I hope the dev team adress this issue as soon as possible in future updates. I imagine it's not something hard to fix.

Thank you for your attention
10-05-2010, 02:01 AM
Find