Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 36 Vote(s) - 3.36 Average
"Insomnia" - Released
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16
RE: "Insomnia" - Update Thread

Quote:You weren't Daniel in Wake. You were...you. And you still are

really? O_o; then why was the shadow there? I though Wake was about Daniel and his nightmares...

Diary of a madman -Onhold

New - [Image: at_1374739.png]
09-16-2011, 01:51 AM
Website Find
ManiacGamingHD Offline

Threads: 0
RE: "Insomnia" - Released

Hey DamnNoHtml, I think YouTube is bugged. I uploaded all 2 parts and it even said:

"Your video file has been uploaded. We are now processing the video."

.But I didn't find it in "My Videos". I wasted 8 hours on uploading them. :'(

YouTube Channel
I am waqas12346, I forgot the Pass of old account so I made this.
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011, 09:30 AM by ManiacGamingHD.)
09-16-2011, 09:25 AM
Website Find
SoothsayerNight Offline

Threads: 1

First Part - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rrxBS3oZYM

Youtube Channel: SoothsayerNight Gaming
09-16-2011, 10:56 AM
Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(09-16-2011, 01:46 AM)Rapture Wrote: It's a really nice Mod, but for someone like you. I would think you would test it more, I found alot of obvious minor mistakes in it. Sad
+rep
Could you tell me what they are so I can fix them?

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-16-2011, 01:49 PM
Find
Your Computer Offline
SCAN ME!

Threads: 32

(09-16-2011, 01:49 PM)DamnNoHtml Wrote: Could you tell me what they are so I can fix them?
Here's something i feel should be considered:
Spoiler below!
The part where you put objects to form a shadow is non-intuitive and i am able to stack pieces without requiring the pieces under them (i should be given the chance to place whatever object in whatever order). More block boxes should be placed around the area and put block boxes for the trees and therefore remove collision from the trees.

Tutorials: From Noob to Pro
09-16-2011, 04:40 PM
Website Find
Hunter of Shadows Offline

Threads: 21

K I dunno how you people are having trouble installing this custom mod

FOR RETAIL USERS

I cannot provide a tutorial for steam because I do not own Amnesia on steam

Anyways, for retail users you install Insomnia the exact same way you install Through the Portal, take everything inside the .rar and place it all inside of the redist folder, it should ask you if you want to merge the folders, select yes, IT SHOULD NOT ASK YOU TO REPLACE FILES, IF IT DOES YOU DID IT WRONG and should start over.

Once you have done that, ensure that the insomnia.bat and the dnh_resources.cfg are in the same place as the amnesia exe, use the insomnia.bat, it should find the dnh_resources.cfg and start up Insomnia

Enjoy, installing it this way makes it work perfect for me

Incidentally Mr. Jund? That trick with the grunt after getting the maintenance key?

I fucking hate you for that Sad must have scared a full five years off of my life, I shrieked in fear so loud and my heart was pounding for at least ten minutes afterwards
(This post was last modified: 09-16-2011, 07:29 PM by Hunter of Shadows.)
09-16-2011, 07:29 PM
Website Find
DamnNoHtml Offline

Threads: 34

(09-16-2011, 07:29 PM)Hunter of Shadows Wrote: Incidentally Mr. Jund? That trick with the grunt after getting the maintenance key?

I fucking hate you for that Sad must have scared a full five years off of my life, I shrieked in fear so loud and my heart was pounding for at least ten minutes afterwards
True story about that, I was doing a runthrough of my game for recording on YouTube and I completely forgot about my own script and scared the shit out of myself there.

Creator of Wake, Through the Portal, Insomnia, and Cycles What to do with HPL3....
09-16-2011, 10:41 PM
Find
skypeskype Offline

Threads: 6

Holy smokes, this was awesome. VERY VERY creative. The level dsign is marvelous and the puzzles are unique and fresh.
Spoiler below!
I loved that green text that popoed up when I jumped on the bed. Very cool. The scariest (probably the ONLY scary) part was the air vent. That brute scared the shit out of me. I always felt safe during vent scenes, but you had to take that away Tongue. Also, I really loved the purple light that comes when your'e in the vents and the missile bombardement. Frickin awesome.
Overall, an awesome little sequel, but, you didnt really explain much of what was going on :[ . I hope you will cover that up in chapter 3.

Cheers! And kudos !
09-16-2011, 11:11 PM
Website Find
zeravia Offline

Threads: 16

gaaaa... i went to bed before posting these... ;___;

Part one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZnxSGY64dg
part two http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FREXYh8vwKA

I think I actually beat Cry to playing this. XD

Diary of a madman -Onhold

New - [Image: at_1374739.png]
09-16-2011, 11:39 PM
Website Find
RawkBandMan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 35

I am going to re-download this and try for missing textures again, and I will follow HoS's tutorial to install (which is what I did anyway) but I may of done something wrong, so I think I will just manually put each folder into the thing.

I've come to learn to not fear the living, nor the dead... But the monsters that hide in closets.
09-16-2011, 11:46 PM
Find