Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decals/Custom Models
Hypercube Offline

Threads: 20
RE: Decals/Custom Models

(06-29-2016, 02:33 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: Well you could take the existing locker model and delete some of vertexes of the extra shelf, and then make the size bigger in the level editor . I don't think it's that hard though because you just delete some vertexes.

Well, I wasn't really asking for someone to do the locker model themselves neccesarily, I was just saying if it was made right it would be useful for the "Akers being able to see" thing. But I am confused, when you say to remove the extra shelf are you talking about it in the Model Editor? Because the door and the locker are two solid meshes. If you were saying about in some other modeling program, I do not have any currently, but I could get one. I don't know everything yet about all of what you can do with SOMA and how it works so there are some things I can't do.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2016, 05:04 PM by Hypercube.)
06-29-2016, 04:49 PM
Find
Abion47 Offline

Threads: 22
RE: Decals/Custom Models

(06-29-2016, 04:08 PM)TheDoctorPoo Wrote: Hey Abion, how do you make the 3D models so quickly? Blender, Maya?

They aren't 3D models. They are just decals. Photoshop/Illustrator makes quick work of those.

(06-29-2016, 04:49 PM)Hypercube Wrote:
(06-29-2016, 02:33 PM)TheTieMan Wrote: Well you could take the existing locker model and delete some of vertexes of the extra shelf, and then make the size bigger in the level editor . I don't think it's that hard though because you just delete some vertexes.

Well, I wasn't really asking for someone to do the locker model themselves neccesarily, I was just saying if it was made right it would be useful for the "Akers being able to see" thing. But I am confused, when you say to remove the extra shelf are you talking about it in the Model Editor? Because the door and the locker are two solid meshes. If you were saying about in some other modeling program, I do not have any currently, but I could get one. I don't know everything yet about all of what you can do with SOMA and how it works so there are some things I can't do.

He's talking about deleting the vertices in the model itself, and you would need to do it in a 3D modelling software like Blender. Deleting the vertices themselves wouldn't be hard at all, but depending on how the UV mapping is set up that part could be a minor pain. It's still all doable, though, without too much difficulty.
(This post was last modified: 06-29-2016, 06:27 PM by Abion47.)
06-29-2016, 06:19 PM
Find