Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Amnesia Review + Frictional Games Interview
The Dom Offline

Threads: 1
Amnesia Review + Frictional Games Interview

Hey folks!

I do writing for the website, Questional.com, and after writing a review for Amnesia: The Descent, we hit Thomas up with an interview. I'm pretty new to video game journalism (it's something I aspire to do as a career), and Frictional Games was my first interview ever. :)

We at Questional absolutely LOVE Amnesia, and we think that Frictional Games will easily go a long way, and I'm sure most, if not all of you, will agree!

I'm currently playing through Penumbra now, and I'll probably give that a review at a later date. (I'm lovin' it so far!)

Sorry if this is considered advertising and if there are rules against it, feel free to remove this post. Just wanted to give thanks to Tom and Jens again for such great games, and to Thomas for taking time out to answer some of my questions! :)

Thanks again!
Dom

(as a side-note, the review and interview has had a combined total of 1140 different people look at them, so I hope some people have been convinced to buy your games ^^)
10-14-2010, 10:48 PM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Threads: 2
RE: Amnesia Review + Frictional Games Interview

I got the impression that Castle Brennenburg was situated in Germany or Prussia, not England as your review says. It sounds Germanic, anyway.
10-15-2010, 12:00 AM
Find
The Dom Offline

(10-15-2010, 12:00 AM)hollowleviathan Wrote: I got the impression that Castle Brennenburg was situated in Germany or Prussia, not England as your review says. It sounds Germanic, anyway.

Actually, you're probably right. Daniel is English, but travelled to Castle Brennenburg. It could be German, considering the city, Burg bei Magdeburg. I had assumed that Alexander of Brennenburg was English though.

Yet, Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa could be considered German, as "Heinrich" is a German name...

Have Frictional confirmed the location, or is it pretty much left up to the player to decide?
10-15-2010, 01:11 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

At the very least, the Gatherers are locally rumored to be tormented souls of deserters of the Thirty Years' War, primarily fought on Germanic lands.
10-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Find
nofsky Offline

Threads: 13

Yeah, the castle wasn't in England. Castle Brennenburg was located in Altstadt, Prussia (now Germany). I don't think that region or the castle ever existed in real life but some other things and characters from the game did. Check out these Wikipedia links:

Heinrich Cornelius Agrippa
Johann Weyer
Order of the Black Eagle

Pretty cool, don't you think?

Oh, and Alexander isn't English, he's from
Spoiler below!
another world! Wink
10-15-2010, 02:15 AM
Find
The Dom Offline

(10-15-2010, 02:15 AM)nofsky Wrote: Oh, and Alexander isn't English, he's from
Spoiler below!
another world! Wink

Haha, yeah, I know. But I mean, his voice and so on. :3

But that's pretty cool, cheers for clearing that up. Safe to say that it's located in Prussia, I'll have that fixed! Smile
10-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Find
ruzen Offline

But...but I wanted an Amnesia sequel Sad
10-15-2010, 08:05 AM
Find
hollowleviathan Offline
Posting Freak

Also, don't be shy to post a link to a Penumbra review when you're finished wrenching yourself away from the game(s).
10-15-2010, 11:29 PM
Find
Hichigo Offline

Threads: 0

Hi everyone I love Amnesia the game was only a number of a few where I actually felt totally immersed in its game play the guys at frictional did a brilliant job on this game I can't wait to see what the bring out in the future.

Thanks Frictional you ROCK don't let anyone tell you different Big Grin
11-11-2010, 08:23 PM
Find