Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm so amazed
Kusikko Offline

Threads: 1
I'm so amazed

Hello! Just a small output of my experiences I just had to share to show my gratitude to Frictional Games!

Amnesia was such a nice yet terrifying experience for me. I'm not joking but I did shrooms with my buds in a dark room and decided to play this game through, whoa was it a blast. When you're in that state of mind you literally feel like you're in the game as Daniel, you really feel like something's behind you. It was fascinating and also scary as fuck - solo I probably couldn't have gone through with it, but with the help of my shroomy friends I managed Big Grin

Real big thumbs up for Frictional Games with their sense of game-developing, creating atmosphere, storytelling and creeping the fuck out of people! Smile

IF ONLY I would've done shrooms on my Soma gameplay, which I didn't and it kinda saddens me now that I think of it. I mean that story is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing I still can't get over it. The questions it left in my mind. I felt so alone in the end.

Soma as a game tested me as a person, tested my values on Humans, questioned my views on concioucness and the list goes on - never has a game done this to me before, nor a movie. Also including well put out gameplay, AMAZING GRAPHICS, MUSICS & SOUNDS, which led to an atmosphere only Frictional Games can develop. If I were shroomed and so deeply into the story I would've probably actually changed as a person to some degree.

The next frictional games I'm gonna go back to my roots and take some shrooms and make the experience so that I'm actually the next character, just like I was Daniel back in the day. If you familiar with shrooms and not weak-minded I think you should give it a go :p it's a hell of a ride!

PS I'm a bit in the late train with Soma but from what I've read you didn't make such a success/profit from this game. Now that there I just don't understand - How such a detailed game, which has movie-like atmosphere (but you're actually in it!), the best story in a video game, the length of it, horrific, thought-provoking and the overall quality can not sell so much? I'm sorry but I can't help to think that A Machine for Pigs has something to do with it..

But I literally just made this account mainly to post this thread to say

Thank you Frictional Games for the games you've put out, they're simply amazing, the best games I've ever played. I'm going give out a really good word for all my gamer friends about Soma and the other games and hopefully you'll sell a few more copies and hopefully my friends won't piss themselves Wink. So excited about your future releases, I wait them even more than Christmas! Keep up the amazing work!
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 01:34 PM by Kusikko.)
07-07-2016, 11:26 AM
Find
GhylTarvoke Offline

Threads: 14
RE: I'm so amazed

(07-07-2016, 11:26 AM)Kusikko Wrote: PS I'm a bit in the late train with Soma but from what I've read you didn't make such a success/profit from this game. Now that there I just don't understand - How such a detailed game, which has movie-like atmosphere (but you're actually in it!), the best story in a video game, the length of it, horrific, thought-provoking and the overall quality can not sell so much?

Agreed. SOMA deserves more attention than it's gotten. It's much more ambitious and polished than TDD.
07-07-2016, 11:03 PM
Find
A.M Team Offline
Banned

Threads: 63

(07-07-2016, 11:03 PM)GhylTarvoke Wrote:
(07-07-2016, 11:26 AM)Kusikko Wrote: PS I'm a bit in the late train with Soma but from what I've read you didn't make such a success/profit from this game. Now that there I just don't understand - How such a detailed game, which has movie-like atmosphere (but you're actually in it!), the best story in a video game, the length of it, horrific, thought-provoking and the overall quality can not sell so much?

Agreed. SOMA deserves more attention than it's gotten. It's much more ambitious and polished than TDD.

And that is the sad and ironic fate of SOMA. Did you know that when the original founders of McDonald's sold the company they set up their own deli which was then bankrupted as McDonald's as a company had grown to almost every state in America? The same is happening with SOMA, Frictional has been outmatched by a growing market in hide and seek horror that they helped bring to the mainstream.

The same happened with Slender too. Why play Slender: The Arrival when I can play Outlast? Companies took the 'I Am Recording A Spooktacular Ghost Exposed Video' and polished and redefined it way past what Parsec Productions created.
07-08-2016, 01:32 AM
Find
MrSteve Offline

Threads: 4

I totally agree with this.

I'd also say that Frictional helped majorly boost a chunk of youtubers in to fame and fortune.

Then when SOMA came around, because it wasn't all monster jump scream scream, they got bored, because they couldn't over dramatize it to their audiences.
07-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Find
Kusikko Offline

(07-08-2016, 02:19 PM)MrSteve Wrote: I totally agree with this.

I'd also say that Frictional helped majorly boost a chunk of youtubers in to fame and fortune.

Then when SOMA came around, because it wasn't all monster jump scream scream, they got bored, because they couldn't over dramatize it to their audiences.

Haha agreed Big Grin Except for this one guy called ChristopherOdd - he played the game through just like I did (exploring every bit of information given), thus spending around 13 hours to complete the game. I don't watch alot of youtubers but if that's true it's so sad really - they get the fame from Amnesia but in a way disrespect the franchise (or Frictional Games) for not going through with Soma. The sad part is that Soma in my opinion was far more three dimensional than Amnesia TDD (ofc saying it's not bad) and had so much work done to it it's just overwhelming. Never receiving the attention it should.
07-08-2016, 02:32 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

(07-08-2016, 02:32 PM)Kusikko Wrote: Haha agreed Big Grin Except for this one guy called ChristopherOdd - he played the game through just like I did (exploring every bit of information given), thus spending around 13 hours to complete the game.

He even featured an live stream SOMA DISCUSSION with community which I enjoyed a lot.
It's so nice to have good community and forum folks to talk seriously what developers tried to accomplish with it. Storywise it's one of the best narration after Bioshock Infinite and Planescape : Torment. Basically it has become classic.

But, I believe it would got much more attention if it would feature more interactive gameplay like original Bioshock and Alien Isolation with enhanced stealth elements.
(This post was last modified: 07-08-2016, 07:38 PM by Radiance.)
07-08-2016, 07:35 PM
Find
Kusikko Offline

(07-08-2016, 07:35 PM)brus Wrote:
(07-08-2016, 02:32 PM)Kusikko Wrote: Haha agreed Big Grin Except for this one guy called ChristopherOdd - he played the game through just like I did (exploring every bit of information given), thus spending around 13 hours to complete the game.

He even featured an live stream SOMA DISCUSSION with community which I enjoyed a lot.
It's so nice to have good community and forum folks to talk seriously what developers tried to accomplish with it. Storywise it's one of the best narration after Bioshock Infinite and Planescape : Torment. Basically it has become classic.

But, I believe it would got much more attention if it would feature more interactive gameplay like original Bioshock and Alien Isolation with enhanced stealth elements.

Yeah that's agreed.

I'm going to try out Bioshock Infinite soon, I haven't played it yet :p been hearing so much good about it I just have to buy it.
07-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Find
Radiance Offline

Threads: 34

I believe that SOMA has similar infinite number of potential storytelling ideas as Bioshock Infinite. In SOMA every instance of gateway to other universe is replaced with consciousness creating it's own reality.
07-22-2016, 07:02 PM
Find