Facebook Twitter YouTube Frictional Games | Forum | Privacy Policy | Dev Blog | Dev Wiki | Support | Gametee

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)
Stamforth95 Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)

Hi.

I'm just reposting a post in the Help, Hints and Spoilers section by Kerlon found here...

Quote:Hi there, just wanted to post a solution I found for getting stuck in the storage room with and not being able to make the explosive mixture, which can happen if (by something going wrong with the saves while patching from 1.0 to 1.01, apparently) the pot of acid used to burn the tissue blocking the path to the refinery is not used. The player can just walk into the refinery, with the pot still full of acid, due to some bug. This pot is supposed to be used to make the explosive mixture in the storage room, but if the previous bug occurs then this is not possible.

The only solutions I've seen are reverting to an older save (which I was not willing to to) or find a savegame for download somewhere. However I was able to simply edit my savegame to replace the filled pot with the empty one, and thus solving the problem and was able to proceed to make the mixture.

The savegames are found (in Windows 7) under c:\Users\[user]\Documents\Amnesia\Main\[save profile], and are thankfully in easily readable XML-format and can be edited in any text editor (e.g Notepad). In the most recent save, find the following part:

<class type="cLuxInventory_Item_SaveData" name="">
                    <var type="4" name="msName" val="chemical_container_2" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlType" val="0" />
                    <var type="4" name="msSubType" val="ChemicalContainerFull" />
                    <var type="4" name="msVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msExtraVal" val="" />
                    <var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/chemical_container_full.tga" />
                    <var type="3" name="mfAmount" val="1.000000" />
                    <var type="2" name="mlCount" val="1" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameNameEntry" val="ItemName_ChemicalContainerFull" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameDescEntry" val="ItemDesc_ChemicalContainerFull" />
                </class>

and replace with

<var type="4" name="msName" val="empty_container" />
                    <var type="4" name="msSubType" val="ChemicalContainer" />
                    <var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/chemical_container.tga" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameNameEntry" val="ItemName_ChemicalContainer" />
                    <var type="4" name="msGameDescEntry" val="ItemDesc_ChemicalContainer" />
                </class>

This gave me the empty container in the inventory. I found the code for the empty container in a savegame posted in http://www.frictionalgames.com/forum/thread-4825.html , so big thanks to Kein for putting them up!

Hopefully this can help others with this problem.

And also a slight edit to the fix from Kim found here if your problem is exactly the same as mine was (just needing to change my full acid container to an empty one)...

Quote:Albeit, the only necessary change is changing msName from chemical_container_2 to empty_container (in this case at least). I would like to also note that the directory can be left out for the graphics it appears, so this works and look nicer:

<var type="4" name="msName" val="empty_container" />
                    <var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="chemical_container.tga" />
</class>

Hope this helps others with the same problem I had.

Enjoy,

Stamforth95
10-20-2010, 01:56 AM
Find
DIGI Byte Offline

Threads: 20
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)

*sticky this
12-21-2010, 08:32 AM
Find
stemberk Offline

Threads: 1
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago RE: Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)

thanks, it works!
12-21-2010, 11:56 PM
Find
thedaemon Offline

Threads: 3

I haven't even mixed my chemicals and I got through the refinery. Going to test this out because my game is also bugged where my empty pot doesn't work and I have 4 chemicals.

Update : So I had to change
                    <var type="4" name="msName" val="chemical_container_1" />
                    <var type="4" name="msImageFile" val="graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/graphics/item/chemical_container.tga" />
                </class>

I still have 4 chemicals in my inventory as well. Should I delete them?
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2011, 10:55 PM by thedaemon.)
01-09-2011, 10:20 PM
Find
Jajuka Offline

Threads: 0
Solved: 8 Years, 1 Month ago Sad  RE: Fixing the unused pot of acid bug (and getting stuck in the storage room)

EDIT: I actually was able to just remove those items from my inventory by editing the save file. Took me a few times, but I finally got it to work!!! I never would have known I could even edit the save files had these posts not been here though, so I still thank you guys for your help!!! Now I can keep playing!

I think I have a similar problem to this inventory glitch. I'm nearly at the end of the game (just had to break out of a cell I was put in), and I'm now stuck because the inventory is full. I tried to pick up the bucket in the other cell, but I can't see it because my inventory is completely full. I think the problem started a long time ago, when I never used the 4 chemicals and the container to get through that early area. They're still in my inventory and are keeping me from getting any further. Is there an easy way to just remove them from my inventory? I tried to edit the save file, but I don't know what I'm doing, and the game just crashed when I tried to load it. Anyone have any ideas? I'm nearly at the end, and now I have this game-ending glitch keeping me from progressing. I would start over if I were at the beginning, but I'm almost done here... Huh I would REALLY appreciate any help here. I'm so close!!!

Here's a picture of my inventory, if that helps:

[Image: amnesiafullinventory.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 04-23-2011, 07:27 PM by Jajuka.)
04-23-2011, 04:52 AM
Find